It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: A Foreign Affair (AFA) - Legit or Scam?  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
A Foreign Affair (AFA) - Legit or Scam?
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
Anyone have an informed opinion or actual experience with A Foreign Affair (AFA)?

On past threads here on P.L. they've gotten mixed to negative comments/reviews. That said, I've seen some positive reviews of AFA in other places. And I even sat next to a guy on a plane who met a Colombiana he married through an AFA tour.

Their singles tours with the large "social hours" look designed for older gringos looking to have their hands held (not necessarily a bad thing for guys that want that). But they also offer an "individual introductions" package in a variety of cities in Peru, Colombia and Costa Rica ($795 for 7 days). They have a large database but you have wonder how outdated many of the profiles are and how many ringers they have on their site to get guys to pull the trigger?

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
Re: A Foreign Affair (AFA) - Legit or Scam?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »
I dont know. Heard they are pretty scammy. Guys living in Medellin say they get their girls by posting adverts for the events on light posts and public areas like TLC does.

Why not just stick with Latam Cupid, Colombia Cupid, Cyber Cupid, POF?

Most of the girls may be gold diggers, and in some areas like Medellin prepagos, but at least you can play the numbers game and get out of it what you put in.

If I were to use them (AFA) I wold pay a small fixed amount to get websites on their site and see how that turns out. If the girls are all outdated, wont getting any responses.

To be totally  honest, I wouldn't use them OR Amolatina. AmoLatina had a related "sub agency" in lleras that wasnt bad,but I think if you go to an event like TLC, AFA or AmoLatina introduction events, you are mostly meeting the same women you will meet on Cupid sites - (actually even more so than the cupid sites)- Gold diggers , Visadoras (Visadiggers)  and Prepagos-but at a much higher $$price. Best to stick with the internet sites if you are just in Colombia a short while.

Dont be fooled by these agencies telling you they get the girls to fill out the 3 page questionnaire. Do you think the agencies check this out with a PI at 500 mil pesos a day? LOL

Also dont get fooled by guys marrying these girls. Lots of guys go to Colombia (or other places) and marry hookers (or equal)  without knowing it, then pay the price later.

Only my opinion. Others might tell you different.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:01:53 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »
I dont know. Heard they are pretty scammy. Guys living in Medellin say they get their girls by posting adverts for the events on light posts and public areas like TLC does.

Most of the girls may be gold diggers, and in some areas like Medellin prepagos, but at least you can play the numbers game and get out of it what you put in.

If I were to use them (AFA) I wold pay a small fixed amount to get websites on their site and see how that turns out. If the girls are all outdated, wont getting any responses.

To be totally  honest, I wouldn't use them OR Amolatina. AmoLatina had a related "sub agency" in lleras that wasnt bad,but I think if you go to an event like TLC, AFA or AmoLatina introduction events, you are mostly meeting the same women you will meet on Cupid sites - (actually even more so than the cupid sites)- Gold diggers , Visadoras (Visadiggers)  and Prepagos-but at a much higher $$price.

TLC? Good, heavens-----I had NO idea that the Learning Channel was in on this scurvy too! First it was Eminem (The Real  Slim Shady) explaining how the 4th graders learned all about a woman's private parts and more from the Discovery Channel....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 07:12:08 PM »

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:36:26 PM »

To be totally  honest, I wouldn't use them OR Amolatina. AmoLatina had a related "sub agency" in lleras that wasnt bad,but I think if you go to an event like TLC, AFA or AmoLatina introduction events, you are mostly meeting the same women you will meet on Cupid sites - (actually even more so than the cupid sites)- Gold diggers , Visadoras (Visadiggers)  and Prepagos-but at a much higher $$price. Best to stick with the internet sites if you are just in Colombia a short while.

Dont be fooled by these agencies telling you they get the girls to fill out the 3 page questionnaire. Do you think the agencies check this out with a PI at 500 mil pesos a day? LOL

Also dont get fooled by guys marrying these girls. Lots of guys go to Colombia (or other places) and marry hookers (or equal)  without knowing it, then pay the price later.

Only my opinion. Others might tell you different.

What a bunch of Bull[snip]. jajaja

It's all you had to do was look at the videos of the socials to see there isn't a gold digger or green card shark in sight. All the women in AFA's socials are so but ugly by Medellin standards that they would starve to death if their only income came from selling their ass.

http://www.loveme.com/media/library/videos/2010_04_medellin/index.html

Hell this video makes a good case for marry a hooker that really loves you compared to one of those sea hags in the video that my not even like you. jajaja

I know a guy that went on the TLC tours in Russia and the Ukraine and he swears by them.

But I see a BIG difference from the women that actually show up to the socials in the videos and the absolute stunning model quality women that they have profiles of on their website.

The bad thing about the Medellin women's profiles is that even they aren't that attractive....at least the ones from Russia are hot as hell.

If I thought that AFA could actually put the hottest Russian and Ukrainian women that they have on their website in front of me.....even I would go to Russia and I could careless if they were gold diggers or green card sharks.....because it would just make them easier to bait. jajaja
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:47:34 PM by Calipro »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:19:48 AM »
if you like prostitutes, gold diggers, green card sharks, materialistic, then AFA is for you

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 04:53:04 AM »
But I see a BIG difference from the women that actually show up to the socials in the videos and the absolute stunning model quality women that they have profiles of on their website. 

I agree that there appears to be a huge difference between the ladies that show up to the socials as compared to the individual profiles. That only reinforces the idea that there are lots of ringers on their site designed lure guys into signing up.

The bad thing about the Medellin women's profiles is that even they aren't that attractive....at least the ones from Russia are hot as hell.

Doesn't seem fair to compare one city to a large country.

Does this girl from Medellin cut it for you?

http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/basketcase2/Medellin/story

She is profile no. 156343:

http://www.loveme.com/women/search.htm

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:16:00 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:11:16 AM »

What a bunch of Bull[snip]. jajaja

It's all you had to do was look at the videos of the socials to see there isn't a gold digger or green card shark in sight. All the women in AFA's socials are so but ugly by Medellin standards that they would starve to death if their only income came from selling their ass.

http://www.loveme.com/media/library/videos/2010_04_medellin/index.html

Hell this video makes a good case for marry a hooker that really loves you compared to one of those sea hags in the video that my not even like you. jajaja

I know a guy that went on the TLC tours in Russia and the Ukraine and he swears by them.

If I thought that AFA could actually put the hottest Russian and Ukrainian women that they have on their website in front of me.....even I would go to Russia and I could careless if they were gold diggers or green card sharks.....because it would just make them easier to bait. jajaja

Okay I stand corrected..you are right they are either Butt Ugly (but still often gold diggers) or worn out ex- Hookers. And the ones that are better looking are recently worn out ex hookers

Anyway, we are saying the same thing

Relatively attractive or better, financially and mentally stable  Strato 5 or 6 girls dont go advertising themselves in agencies or in Cupido or in Facebook with the purpose of meeting gringos..very rare. Punto cerrado. So why waste your money on these agencies?

You have to keep in mind, Colombia is like one big Indian Reservation, only with better looking women.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:13:18 AM »
if you like prostitutes, gold diggers, green card sharks, materialistic, then AFA is for you

Or Butt ugly women..dont forget that.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 07:26:59 AM »
Actually, I looked at the video  quickly,and in the majority of cases, I think the guys are the  butt Ugly ones, not the women.

But then my standards as far as looks are not that  high as "others"..or maybe just a different taste LOL.

I am sure that most are still gold diggers or visa diggers..

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:33:48 AM »
Hector, if you are loaded in Cash, like I was when I was working, go for it and tell us what you find out.

You only live once, and before long you will turn 60, and it doesnt get any easier.

But dont be surprised if you find it a waste of money.

Waiting for the trip report on that one..

Actually , here is my real opinion on AFA and these other agencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:29:02 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
I have been around this scene a while. Men in my own family have married women from a lot of different nations, regions, cultures, religions, etc. Black to white, Islamic to Jewish, Middle Eastern to Midwestern USA, Hispanic/Latino etc., etc.

The two Islamic and most of the Latina marriages haven't lasted ten years.

To me, the Philippines has just enough variation in exotic looks, with a mix of various Asian nations and 400 or so years of Spanish domination, with enough variety therein to keep the bloodlines and looks interesting. From milky white to dark morena skin,  from Indian to Euro mix to the 'chinky' slanty Asian eye look. Still a lot of relatively practical, even tempered types of women--educated, English speaking, happy to go to work and/or stay at home. Ladies with passion and loyalty.

I don't want a lot of drama. I like to know what I'm coming home to and that it's gonna be good. Really good.

Former USSR and Eastern European women? Sure they have some of the most beautiful women in the world, but IMO, and that's an educated opinion, the most dangerous game in looking for a mate, comes out of the former USSR nations, especially including Ukrania, Russia and eastern Europe. Some very clever ladies who are extremely good at playing the 'long game' and leaving their guy high and dry.

Like the one Russian agency babe who came here with a son in tow already and married a Yankee. Got her new husband to legally adopt her kid, then got him to sign off on 100's of thousands in student loans to put her through medical school. As soon as she graduated and got into a low paying 4 year medical residency, (and they often work medical residents 60+ hours a week) she 'lawyered up' and dumped the guy, leaving him to pay child support, including private school tuition and for after school day care. Oh yea--and paying off the student loans.

It's not just the weather and water there that runs cold.

AND I almost married a beautiful Russian/Asian mix lady from Almaty,  Kahzakhstan ---lawdy, she was sweet and the perfect mix of hot and wholesome looking. Mmmmmm...She had university degrees in education and as a registered nurse. Worked as an English teacher/interpreter as well.

Both her parents were Doctors, but all their lives were hard, with govt. corruption, crime and pollution all around. Communism had failed but in reality not a lot had changed. She never asked me for a cent, but she was robbed several times, assaulted at least once. A lot of the men in the nation were alcoholics and/or drug abusers.

Women living in screwed up societies have a hard time working around that even after they leave.

Maybe it would've worked out------she was really, really something, but I'm glad I played the cards I was holding as I did instead.

If you want to be single and a player--staying unmarried and working the field, it's a lot different of course.

But if you're thinking more along the lines of 'domestic life'--married, a couple kids, three bedrooms, two baths and a picket fence, you'd better think this one through.....

Be careful what you wish for.

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »
So Hector, so you wantto be lumped in the same group as these guys?

I think if I had the choice between Shagin Sheep in Alberta, and going on a tour with these guys, and meeting these women, I would stick to the Sheep, thank-You :) :D ;D :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPsiNVpqEc

I like the comments section. My favorite comment is

it's obvious these men suffer from autism/aspergers that disorder prevents them being able to detect future events specifically knowing if someone is lying to them basically it's not their fault they're retarded
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:28:34 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »
Heres the first part of the full documentary

https://youtu.be/MjMfoOXtpvM

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 06:36:51 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
So Hector, so you wantto be lumped in the same group as these guys?

I think if I had the choice between Shagin Sheep in Alberta, and going on a tour with these guys, and meeting these women, I would stick to the Sheep, thank-You :) :D ;D :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPsiNVpqEc

I like the comments section. My favorite comment is

it's obvious these men suffer from autism/aspergers that disorder prevents them being able to detect future events specifically knowing if someone is lying to them basically it's not their fault they're retarded
It's a scam. So many better and less expensive ways to meet quality women.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
To bew honest with you, there is only one agency I would have confidence in-Jaimies-and that was before he made changes.Dont know how it is now.

With seconadary borderline consideration to my Friend Chuck in Manizales and Ricardo in Cali-but you really have to negotiate and play hard with these two (chuck fto negotiate price and because he has very few desireable women in his agency, even with my relaxed standards) , and  espescially have to be careful with Shifty  Ricardo-in which case your Spanish better be excelent

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5883
Latest: AllaRairl
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133134
Total Topics: 7865
Most Online Today: 69