It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Barranquilla the return  (Read 16921 times)

Offline stevekoozer

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Barranquilla the return
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
 Trip report for my return trip to Barranquilla will be coming soon. Currently I am quite busy but once I have some time from my insane work schedule I will get a post up.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Barranquilla the return
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 08:10:52 AM »
Cool.  I'm looking forward to reading the report.

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline whitey

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:44 PM »
Yes, always interesting for me to hear about other's experiences in BAQ!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:44 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:13:36 PM »
Trip report for my return trip to Barranquilla will be coming soon. Currently I am quite busy but once I have some time from my insane work schedule I will get a post up.

Be great to read---thanks in advance. Trip reports seem to be an increasingly rare highlight around here. Not only do they supply vicarious thrills, but they're also the cheapest way to 'travel'!  ;D
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
 Here s the report on my return visit

Updating from my first trip report that was in January I left Barranquilla with two prospects who I communicated with after I returned. Well both of them did not pan out. They were both pretty decent girls but not the ones for me. As I got to know both of them better I knew that I was looking for something different than what they had to offer. I have no doubt that there are other guys out there that would be quite happy with either of them.

So I contacted Jamie a couple of weeks before my return and got things going on meeting some more women. Now as this being my second trip I was no longer " Carne Fresca" so there was not the overwhelming number of girls wanting to meet me when he sent out my profile. I did pick about a dozen women to meet before I left and a couple of more while I was there. So lets just get to it shall we?

I had one on my list that I had met on my last trip that I did not get to take out and she agreed to re meet only to be unavailable a couple of days before my arrival. No big deal but I would have liked to have a coffee or drink with her just to see. 

The first girl I met on my first morning was tall at 5'-8" slim and very sexy late 20's who was quite pleasant in our introduction meeting and conversation. We made plans for dinner that evening and a decent restaurant. She had been dressed nicely for the meeting but when she came for the dinner date she was wearing jean shorts and a top that was better suited to Mac Donald's or Burger King. During the meal she went from talking to dead silence so needless to say done and gone. She was in over her head I think and figured this out on our date and has since disappeared from the agency.

The second girl I met had only been in the agency of a couple of months and I was the first guy she met, she had had a few invites but turned them down but agreed to meet with me. When we met she was a bit nervous and was intimidated by my personality but as we talked she warmed up and we got along quite well after I got her laughing and more relaxed. Planned a date with her the following night for dinner at Varadero a Cuban place as we both like seafood quite a bit. This dinner went great as well, she dressed properly and enjoyed the evening as much as I did. This gal was 29 finished school and has a pretty good job and works her butt off to get ahead.

The third one I met on that first day was a 30 year old that we would call the typical Latin bombshell big up top and that nice big sexy Latin a$$ with a beautiful face. This girl is one of the best looking women I have ever seen her pictures did not do her justice. Well she had 3 tats and I do not dig tattoos on women and told her as such as I have to be straight up with these chicks. That does not mean I was not planning to slam her hard till she squealed and that was the plan after my introduction's were done. Well this one left with no commitment or anything solid from me to go out for a drink or a meal later on. She actually contacted the agency a couple of days later wanting to see if I was willing to see her again .So plans were made for dinner which happened to be my birthday which she noted as she had my profile with my birthdate on it. We were supposed to meet at 7:30 but she called at 7:00 with a bull$hit excuse to why she could not make it. So girl number 2 was contacted and even though she had just gotten home from work she accepted got ready and was at the agency in short order. I had called the restaurant and changed the reservation to an hour later. Once again we had a really good time and she was dressed properly and feminine and gracious.

I met 4 more girls on this trip one was 37 and had requested to meet me after she saw my profile. Her pictures were better looking than she was, not saying she was ugly but you could tell the pictures at the agency were done a few years ago. She was actually quite nice well educated and very well spoken with pretty good English. But she was also in a tremendous rush to get hitched and have kids and that showed over lunch. I am not in that mental pressure cooker stage that my biological clock is running out so I am not in any rush.

2 of of the remaining three were quite un remarkable and I was pretty much waiting for the hour introduction to be over after about 20 minuets. The last one was one that had wanted to meet me on my first trip but somehow I had overlooked her. Well we got to meet up over lunch and it was pretty good for a first meeting. Good job her own new car good English and she was way better looking than her profile pictures. We hit it off quite well and had a few lunches together, I was continuing to go out in the evenings with girl number 2 always on short notice as I would hit her up on whats app at 5 pm while she was at work to test her out to see if she was serious. She never said no and was always happy to see me no matter what I had planed and I included a couple of mundane date nights as a test and there was no issues with her on this. She was always dressed well and genuinely happy to go out with me. The lunch gal was also the same in her mannerisms but because of her fathers health she was at home in the evenings every night to give her mother a break from looking after him in the days. Her dad has had a couple of heart attacks and is not in the best of health so I understood her home situation.

Girl number 2 and I went to the beach on my last weekend there in the day time and well you should figure out how the evenings went after. I returned with once again 2 girls to chat with and see how it goes. Well lunch gal ended up being a bit too conservative and could not handle my dark sexual innuendo sense of humor. I was just being me as we got to know each other better while chatting. So my silly humor made her uncomfortable and that is where things ended up. Great gal with great potential for a guy who is a little less rough around the edges than myself. No hard feelings for either of us for the situation such is life.

Gal number 2 and I are getting along perfectly she texts me in the mornings to see how I have slept and always asks me if I have eaten lunch and dinner and worries that I put in too many hours don't eat enough or get enough rest and so on. Calls me her beautiful perfect man. I always ask if she is drinking when she says this and she says no so I say her mom must have dropped her on her head when she was a baby. She gets my humor on that so that's saying something for a Latina

I did get to meet a member here on the site who's trip overlapped with mine for 4 days in actuality we have been speaking on the phone for the better part of a year and finally got to meet up at the agency while in Barranquilla. We also both got to see how the interactions were going with girls during this time for each other. It always helps to have another set of eyes observing what's going on and giving non biased observations. Perhaps he will chime in on this trip report or will post a trip report of his own when he has the time.

Needless to say there were flakes and no shows for some of the other girls that I was supposed to meet with and it is their loss but then again they could have been a distraction to me if they had of showed up and I would not be in the position I am currently in with everything going smoothly and chugging right along and at comfortable pace.   

Hopefully this trip report helps some guys out that are on the fence ..............and the usual idiots here do not turn this into a $hit show and drive this forum resource further down hill.

As I said in my first trip report if this gets side tracked or turns into a dogs arse I will have it removed in short order.
 If any of you guys have any questions about my above experience on a second trip and I failed to outline please ask and this means for you guys who actually benefit this forum and have something useful to add.               

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

Updating from my first trip report that was in January I left Barranquilla with two prospects who I communicated with after I returned. Well both of them did not pan out. They were both pretty decent girls but not the ones for me. As I got to know both of them better I knew that I was looking for something different than what they had to offer. I have no doubt that there are other guys out there that would be quite happy with either of them.

So I contacted Jamie a couple of weeks before my return and got things going on meeting some more women. Now as this being my second trip I was no longer " Carne Fresca" so there was not the overwhelming number of girls wanting to meet me when he sent out my profile. I did pick about a dozen women to meet before I left and a couple of more while I was there. So lets just get to it shall we?

I had one on my list that I had met on my last trip that I did not get to take out and she agreed to re meet only to be unavailable a couple of days before my arrival. No big deal but I would have liked to have a coffee or drink with her just to see. 

The first girl I met on my first morning was tall at 5'-8" slim and very sexy late 20's who was quite pleasant in our introduction meeting and conversation. We made plans for dinner that evening and a decent restaurant. She had been dressed nicely for the meeting but when she came for the dinner date she was wearing jean shorts and a top that was better suited to Mac Donald's or Burger King. During the meal she went from talking to dead silence so needless to say done and gone. She was in over her head I think and figured this out on our date and has since disappeared from the agency.

The second girl I met had only been in the agency of a couple of months and I was the first guy she met, she had had a few invites but turned them down but agreed to meet with me. When we met she was a bit nervous and was intimidated by my personality but as we talked she warmed up and we got along quite well after I got her laughing and more relaxed. Planned a date with her the following night for dinner at Varadero a Cuban place as we both like seafood quite a bit. This dinner went great as well, she dressed properly and enjoyed the evening as much as I did. This gal was 29 finished school and has a pretty good job and works her butt off to get ahead.

The third one I met on that first day was a 30 year old that we would call the typical Latin bombshell big up top and that nice big sexy Latin a$$ with a beautiful face. This girl is one of the best looking women I have ever seen her pictures did not do her justice. Well she had 3 tats and I do not dig tattoos on women and told her as such as I have to be straight up with these chicks. That does not mean I was not planning to slam her hard till she squealed and that was the plan after my introduction's were done. Well this one left with no commitment or anything solid from me to go out for a drink or a meal later on. She actually contacted the agency a couple of days later wanting to see if I was willing to see her again .So plans were made for dinner which happened to be my birthday which she noted as she had my profile with my birthdate on it. We were supposed to meet at 7:30 but she called at 7:00 with a bull$hit excuse to why she could not make it. So girl number 2 was contacted and even though she had just gotten home from work she accepted got ready and was at the agency in short order. I had called the restaurant and changed the reservation to an hour later. Once again we had a really good time and she was dressed properly and feminine and gracious.

I met 4 more girls on this trip one was 37 and had requested to meet me after she saw my profile. Her pictures were better looking than she was, not saying she was ugly but you could tell the pictures at the agency were done a few years ago. She was actually quite nice well educated and very well spoken with pretty good English. But she was also in a tremendous rush to get hitched and have kids and that showed over lunch. I am not in that mental pressure cooker stage that my biological clock is running out so I am not in any rush.

2 of of the remaining three were quite un remarkable and I was pretty much waiting for the hour introduction to be over after about 20 minuets. The last one was one that had wanted to meet me on my first trip but somehow I had overlooked her. Well we got to meet up over lunch and it was pretty good for a first meeting. Good job her own new car good English and she was way better looking than her profile pictures. We hit it off quite well and had a few lunches together, I was continuing to go out in the evenings with girl number 2 always on short notice as I would hit her up on whats app at 5 pm while she was at work to test her out to see if she was serious. She never said no and was always happy to see me no matter what I had planed and I included a couple of mundane date nights as a test and there was no issues with her on this. She was always dressed well and genuinely happy to go out with me. The lunch gal was also the same in her mannerisms but because of her fathers health she was at home in the evenings every night to give her mother a break from looking after him in the days. Her dad has had a couple of heart attacks and is not in the best of health so I understood her home situation.

Girl number 2 and I went to the beach on my last weekend there in the day time and well you should figure out how the evenings went after. I returned with once again 2 girls to chat with and see how it goes. Well lunch gal ended up being a bit too conservative and could not handle my dark sexual innuendo sense of humor. I was just being me as we got to know each other better while chatting. So my silly humor made her uncomfortable and that is where things ended up. Great gal with great potential for a guy who is a little less rough around the edges than myself. No hard feelings for either of us for the situation such is life.

Gal number 2 and I are getting along perfectly she texts me in the mornings to see how I have slept and always asks me if I have eaten lunch and dinner and worries that I put in too many hours don't eat enough or get enough rest and so on. Calls me her beautiful perfect man. I always ask if she is drinking when she says this and she says no so I say her mom must have dropped her on her head when she was a baby. She gets my humor on that so that's saying something for a Latina

I did get to meet a member here on the site who's trip overlapped with mine for 4 days in actuality we have been speaking on the phone for the better part of a year and finally got to meet up at the agency while in Barranquilla. We also both got to see how the interactions were going with girls during this time for each other. It always helps to have another set of eyes observing what's going on and giving non biased observations. Perhaps he will chime in on this trip report or will post a trip report of his own when he has the time.

Needless to say there were flakes and no shows for some of the other girls that I was supposed to meet with and it is their loss but then again they could have been a distraction to me if they had of showed up and I would not be in the position I am currently in with everything going smoothly and chugging right along and at comfortable pace.   

Hopefully this trip report helps some guys out that are on the fence ..............and the usual idiots here do not turn this into a $hit show and drive this forum resource further down hill.

As I said in my first trip report if this gets side tracked or turns into a dogs arse I will have it removed in short order.
 If any of you guys have any questions about my above experience on a second trip and I failed to outline please ask and this means for you guys who actually benefit this forum and have something useful to add.             
Hey Kooze, thanks for the report. #2 sounds promising. When a Barranquilla is into you she really shows you...

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:00:03 PM »
I can understand your feelings in the last paragraph but there is really no substitute for a guy who's thinking about this other than reading about your experiences. So for their sake thank you for posting! And for old married guys like myself it's still fun to read these trip reports!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 09:25:35 PM »
Hey Kooz-owski!   :D

That was an entertaining report.  Reminded me of when I was doing the same thing years ago.  I guess one of the big questions is/will be, how strongly YOU feel about gal number 2?   Does she seem to have what it would take for you to take a very BIG interest?    It sounds like you have her interest nailed down at this point.   In my earlier travels, I'd find myself in the same position you are in, but then after some time away in the states, I'd lose interest, usually for no particular reason on the lady's end, but just felt the need to date a little more.  Eventually when I was 100% captivated,  that is when I pulled the trigger in relatively short order. 

Glad you brought some live action to the site, it has been a while.

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 04:51:57 AM »
Hey Kooz-owski!   :D

That was an entertaining report.  Reminded me of when I was doing the same thing years ago.  I guess one of the big questions is/will be, how strongly YOU feel about gal number 2? In my mind she is a keeper   Does she seem to have what it would take for you to take a very BIG interest? Already there with her and my interest level has continued to increase since I have returned    It sounds like you have her interest nailed down at this point. She has told me a few times when we were talking that she loves me and I do not doubt this is the way she feels about me. Actually the member form here got to see us interacting a couple of times on dates and commented that she never took her eyes off me when I was heading to the washroom or something else.   In my earlier travels, I'd find myself in the same position you are in, but then after some time away in the states, I'd lose interest, usually for no particular reason on the lady's end, but just felt the need to date a little more.  Eventually when I was 100% captivated,  that is when I pulled the trigger in relatively short order.

I have not lost any interest with this girl actually it is the opposite and my interest has grown substantially our conversations have become much more than just hey how are you how's the weather type stuff. We have been discussing the future in quite some detail and our talks have become those of a long term couple. So as it stands currently I believe I have found a keeper and if things continue to progress as they have been I will be off the market. 

Glad you brought some live action to the site, it has been a while.

Fathertime!

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »

Koozemaster,
If you do get to the point you plan on bringing her to Canada , keep in mind  Barranquilla never goes much below 73 degrees. Whitey lives with his Barranquillera wife in Canada and may be a good source of info...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
Sounds very promising Kooze cruise, 

Given what you said, I imagine you will be travelling again before too long.  Personality should obviously start to emerge more in the next few months, so don't let yourself get TOO blinded, it is good to keep your eyes wide open for the moment.  You have time to commit or move in the other direction right now.  I'd say, enjoyment AND gaining information are where it is at.  It is fun to sorta relive the phase you might be entering. 

Fathertime!   

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline whitey

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
Koozemaster,
If you do get to the point you plan on bringing her to Canada , keep in mind  Barranquilla never goes much below 73 degrees. Whitey lives with his Barranquillera wife in Canada and may be a good source of info...

It's 30 degrees (celcius) here today and my wife was complaining it's too hot ... wanted to turn on the air conditioning.

I said, "Come on ... you spent your entire life in 30-38c temps with high humidity ... this is fresco!"

She said, "No, my last 16 years I spent working in an office and it was air-conditioned all the time!"

Jaja ... anyway, lot's of costenos up here and they are surviving ... you just have to buy a LOT of new clothes when they first get here.  ;-)

Offline whitey

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »
Steve, thanks for the trip report. I ended up marrying my Spanish study buddy, so never went the agency route - it's always interesting and entertaining for me to read about it though.

Varadero is a fun place for dinner, especially Thurs-Sat when they have a live Cuban salsa band.

Notice any differences with BAQ since your last trip?  I'm always amazed by the amount of apt towers and other construction going on, mostly in the north.  I have no idea how they will find people with enough money to live in those places.

Good luck!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 06:19:45 PM »
Personally I would leave the sex humor out of the first couple dates. It also sounds like BAQ might not be the right city. If you what more educated... better dressed... have cars... etc... then you might need to look outside BAQ
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 09:22:28 PM »
Thanks for the post.Good luck.

A,word of caution
I would be very Leary of a girl that tells you she loves you after meeting her a few times. I have had several women tell.me that, and I immediately dont take them seriously anymore. But then I am a,cynical old bastard, arent I?

Problem with Canadá is they dont have a fiance visa. Once you sponsor her, your responsable for her for 3 years minimum.And thats only your obligación to the Government.Not what a shyster lawyer and ultra liberal family court judge can squeeze out of you.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:27:59 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »

A,word of caution
I would be very Leary of a girl that tells you she loves you after meeting her a few times. I have had several women tell.me that, and I immediately dont take them seriously anymore. But then I am a,cynical old bastard, arent I?

Problem with Canadá is they dont have a fiance visa. Once you sponsor her, your responsable for her for 3 years minimum.And thats only your obligación to the Government.Not what a shyster lawyer and ultra liberal family court judge can squeeze out of you.

I think we all can agree that once you are married and she's still giving you head... you are in the clear.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »

Well done report. Nice to see someone, as you said when you initially signed on here: "Thinking with the big head". Too many guys here seem to be at least a bit confused-- seem to do too much handwringing and probably are overemphasizing the physical against other traits--or overly favoring out right beauty, while not paying proper mind to a lack of prerequisite traits that they'd disqualify a more 'average' looking woman because of.

Sometimes we accept more crap from a woman just because she's so damn hot and that's a mighty slippery slope to slide down long term. Nice to see a more pragmatic approach.

When you're in your mid to late 40's, you're still in a relatively 'sweet spot' in terms of having a fairly good sized pool to choose some really fine 'all around' ladies, so steady as you go and it looks like you'll be bringing someone good back--best wishes!

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:01 AM »

A,word of caution

I am going to be as polite as I can. Please save it for someone else who will fall for it. I am quite well educated on what is required to bring a girl here and any ramifications of doing so and there has been no discussion of marriage or her coming here or anything like that..........  Yes I agree you are a cynical old bastard but I add.... who has been burnt and are now bitter suspicious and totally untrusting. For the most part here you provide little quality information and any information you do think you provide of course is slued towards your current outlook. ( hire a PI to check her out all secretaries sleep with the boss to keep their jobs and so on) Really for the most part all you do here is toot your own horn and expect us to bask in your greatness. You bitched about this site being dead well thanks to you and a couple of others it is understandable why guys don't join or post about their relationships or trips why would they be bothered? So There it is in a nutshell. I could post about all the hours of conversations on the phone Skype and whatsapp what was said and what was discussed and so on....... but I won't as you would probably interject some of your grand worthless bitter cynical knowledge just to get another pi$$ing match going so you can have a laugh and feel better about yourself, while trying to tear a decent guy down when he is trying to find a good a partner in life to share with.   

There are a few guys here that I would like to meet and have beers with I think we would get along great and be able to exchange experience and info to the benefit of our selves and others here in discussion you ain't one of them. Now having said that it is about 2 hours away from the Taco Bell shift manager to arrive from the bar drunk and high as a kite to put his 2 cents in........ and once again it will only be for self service and self pumping up for not having any redeeming qualities or anything to add to the collective good.

You said your piece adding nothing so amuse yourself elsewhere at others expense while the rest of us have a sharing of information and life experience.

One down two more to go.     

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »

It's 30 degrees (celcius) here today and my wife was complaining it's too hot ... wanted to turn on the air conditioning.

I said, "Come on ... you spent your entire life in 30-38c temps with high humidity ... this is fresco!"

She said, "No, my last 16 years I spent working in an office and it was air-conditioned all the time!"

Jaja ... anyway, lot's of costenos up here and they are surviving ... you just have to buy a LOT of new clothes when they first get here.  ;-)

It's amazing what people can get used to, for better or worse in so many ways. When my wife and her friends go home after a few years in 'northern' North America' they talk about how incredibly hot it is back home. We all get spoiled a bit by air conditioning and heating, but whether it's Savannah or Saskatoon,  they all seem to adapt pretty well. But I am still suprised sometimes when we've been in bed at night for a while and my wife asks me to turn up the air con a bit. I'm just glad I leveled with her beforehand about the relative extremes we get in seasonal weather. It's so much more difficult for a person when it's freezing in January and sweltering in July. It just makes the extremes all more noticable, but that said, I've never heard of a woman leaving because of the weather.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
It's amazing what people can get used to, for better or worse in so many ways. When my wife and her friends go home after a few years in 'northern' North America' they talk about how incredibly hot it is back home. We all get spoiled a bit by air conditioning and heating, but whether it's Savannah or Saskatoon,  they all seem to adapt pretty well. But I am still suprised sometimes when we've been in bed at night for a while and my wife asks me to turn up the air con a bit. I'm just glad I leveled with her beforehand about the relative extremes we get in seasonal weather. It's so much more difficult for a person when it's freezing in January and sweltering in July. It just makes the extremes all more noticable, but that said, I've never heard of a woman leaving because of the weather.
If the woman is into the guy she will adjust. Also some are plenty resilient and that resiliency is needed to make what is truly a massive transition. Koozer sounds like a straight shooter and seems to have a good idea of what qualities are important to him. He was able to disqualify the t and a bombshell as not marriage material which is different than some other guys who were blinded by lust...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »
If the woman is into the guy she will adjust. Also some are plenty resilient and that resiliency is needed to make what is truly a massive transition. Koozer sounds like a straight shooter and seems to have a good idea of what qualities are important to him. He was able to disqualify the t and a bombshell as not marriage material which is different than some other guys who were blinded by lust...

Had to smile and chuckle, thinking about guys, "Blinded by the boobs" ---- but hey, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit I'm lucky to never have crashed the car while craning my neck to 'have a better look'. ::) Thank God my wife has the patience of Job, and for wraparound sunglasses when we're abroad. ;D

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »
Yup Mambo not a keeper but..... I was all for catch and release a few times. :P I can usually weed out an unsuitable woman without too much issue some right away and some it takes a bit of time in conversation and observation. Just like the second girl that I was talking to from this last trip as we communicated daily I knew that even though she had almost all the qualities I look for in a woman she would never be able to handle my personality my dark humor and so on. Not a loss though and better to have figured it out as quickly as I did no harm and no foul on either end. I also throw out little tests from time to time to see how they are handled. I believe we probably all do that in out own unique way. I have thrown out a couple of tests to the girl I am still communicating with. I did this with full intent to start an argument and see what happened. Well we had a couple of good ones and worked through them quite well. Now if she was unwilling to work through the situation..... well you know the answer on the chances of having a long term relationship with a girl that cant work through and argument over minor stuff.

I have mentioned to her a couple of times about the difference in the climate between here and Barranquilla she says she understands but no one understands minus 40 winters until you experience one first hand. It does take a while to adjust but after the first winter its water under the bridge. Things are still going in the right direction quite smoothly actually but we will see as things progress onward. Going to start looking at planning a return trip to visit her soon just waiting for the hottest months to subside.
 Hell you never know I might end up living down that way sooner than later. I have had head hunters contact me in the past about project work in South America, Australia and Central America. Never gave it too much thought then, but I have had a couple of inquiries this past week about Peru and today I had a call about Costa Rica which when finished would lead to Guatemala and when that was done Brazil. The trick would be being able to stay on long term for operational maintenance and any future expansion. Costa Rica would be just about right for me if it could be rolled into long term.   

Offline Calipro

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »

A,word of caution

I'd like to hear about the women that told you they loved you and that you took seriously....LOL!

Listen....if a woman ever tell you that she loves you again.....just chill and enjoy the ride....don't fall immediately head over heels in love with her and what ever you do push the thoughts of marriage and divorce court out of your mind altogether .....that is one hell of a quick way to lose a hard on. LMFAO !!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »

Offline bcc_1_2

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
Steve, Costa Rica isn't all that.

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »
Steve, Costa Rica isn't all that.

No, no it's not

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878