It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: SENDING MONEY CREATES A MONSTER  (Read 42100 times)

Offline Jedimaster

Re: SENDING MONEY CREATES A MONSTER
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »

I have to agree on this.  AB never portrayed the Colombian wife process as easy.  He sent his wife back to Colombia because she was not learning English and refiled a K-1 later after she was making progress back in Colombia!  He has written that he is happy with his marriage and how things are going now, but he never portrayed the process as a "piece of cake."

John W and Ray

First of all the first part of my post is poorly worded and part of it was accidently deleted.  What I was referring to was the search for a novia and more to the point meaning legitimatey landing a  novia in Colombia and starting a relationship based on mutual attraction and love.  For some it might be easy, for others it might be more difficult.

Many of AB´s posts here were focused on his  frustration that his wife wasnt learning English even after he went through the trouble of applying for and getting her a visa to the US.  He had many, many posts here which focused on the herculean task of getting her to learn English and his subsequent decision to send her back to Colombia.  And yes there were some posts here critical of that decision to send her back.

But what got lost amongst those many posts was that before he attempted to bring his fiance to the US he posted things like ¨just about any gringo will have his hands full of possiblities from the very second he steps off the plane¨.  While it might be few for a true I would say it does not hold true for any (and every)gringo.  He also posted that ¨the places here in Colombia (shopping malls, etc) are crammed full of women without men, the men must be all out in the jungle fighting the war.  the implication he was trying to make was that the women outnumber the men in Col.  This is straight out of the agency playbook, IMHO.  I was attempting to focus on these types of posts in my original post.

To be fair, it would have been very easy to miss these posts as I said before many of his posts were focused on  his frustration that his fiance could not learn English and also the decision to send her back.  And yes John W and Ray that part of the Colombian wife process (her learning English) proved to be very diffilcult for him.  My apologies for the poor wording of my original post.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:22:57 PM by Jedimaster, Reason: punct »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864