It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: SENDING MONEY CREATES A MONSTER  (Read 42132 times)

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: SENDING MONEY CREATES A MONSTER
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »
If you marry a chica with out kids you can at least start out as #1 in her life. If you marry one with a kid that opportunity ya se fue para siempre.

Pure insecurity.  No way in hell a real man would see a kid as a threat or competition.

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »
Pure insecurity.  No way in hell a real man would see a kid as a threat or competition.
You have nothing to show for what this site is intended for, and you come here and trash people, and even make racist remarks. You've been doing that for a couple years, except you used to call yourself Htown, for those that don't know. This site would be better without you. I cast my vote #1
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:39:02 PM by Stevieboy »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
You have nothing to show for what this site is intended for, and you come here and trash people, and even make racist remarks. You've been doing that for a couple years, except you used to call yourself Htown, for those that don't know. This site would be better without you. I cast my vote #1
vote #2

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »

You mad bro?  Lmao!!  It's not my fault you have no game.

Who've you seen me trash?  And please point out these "racist remarks".  Or are you just talking out of your arse, as usual?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:46:11 PM by Awesome »

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

Quote from: buencamino on Today at 11:21:24 AM

If you marry a chica with out kids you can at least start out as #1 in her life. If you marry one with a kid that opportunity ya se fue para siempre. 

Awesome - 

BC did not mention that a woman's kid is his or anyone's competition!  BC only stated the obvious - that a woman's child is naturally her first consideration, as it rightly should be.  It's also a situation that many of us have observed with most women, Latina or otherwise.

Only YOU made it about competition and insecurity ....  so, what's up with that?

Offline Awesome

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »

Quote from: buencamino on Today at 11:21:24 AM

Awesome - 

BC did not mention that a woman's kid is his or anyone's competition!  BC only stated the obvious - that a woman's child is naturally her first consideration, as it rightly should be.  It's also a situation that many of us have observed with most women, Latina or otherwise.

Only YOU made it about competition and insecurity ....  so, what's up with that?

I'll tell you exactly what's up with that.  There's a huge fundamental difference between a woman's love for her child and her love for her man.  It's two different kind of loves and the two do not, cannot conflict.

The insecurity come into play when a guy feels threatened by the kid in thinking that by loving the kid that the woman is somehow still showing feelings for the father of the child.  Bam!  Insecurity.

I've dated single mothers who've shown me me more love than some childless women that I've dated.  And just because she doesn't have a child doesn't mean your automatically "first"(whatever that means anyway).  She still has a mother, father, brothers, sisters who may be ahead of you on the love line.

All you have to worry about is if your the FIRST MAN in her heart.  And if she truly loves you and you're the ONLY MAN in her heart, then kids, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents, cousins, are not your competition.

Offline JasonA

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2014, 06:37:58 AM »
It has nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with a man's preference. If a guy doesn't want to deal with problems, headaches, an extra mouth to feed, limited availability, limited ability to travel and a whole laundry list of potential problems, that's his prerogative. Actually, I think an insecure man would prefer a woman with a kid(s) because she's gonna be a lot less likely to leave him (she's probably not gonna be hanging out at bars; she's probably going to want the stability of a man, etc).

Awesome/Htown-  It sounds like you are taking this very personally. Were you raised by a single mother?

Offline LatinSharpei

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »
My thoughts on single moms was due to I am raising the bar and redoing my standards... So I am not in the predicaments again I am getting x amount in savings so when I come home I can just work maintain my relacionship. .. and Good God not send her money... I think once you do it the cherry is popped and cant be undone. 

My new plan is not under 27... one kid is fine with me.  I am going to ask the tough questions from the get go and none of them have to do with sex... So if they wanna get offended they can go out the same door the came in. I am doing a lot of thinking about a lot of things.. Spent most of yesterday debating going back with my sister...She told me that I should stay here cause I wont find a girl that uses me here.. I told her right cause that did not happen before... Last one borrowed a grand from me then when we broke up and did want to pay it back fabricated a story to the cops so I have a DV that is dismissed but I still have to disclose.. At least with the colombian girl if I get screwed she is easy on the eyes.  I dont know that its not in human nature to screw each other over...  But I feel like I know and see the red flags...

Father time. I read your comment about Jamie picking the girls for me.  Problem with that is that  is my physical tastes are or may not be the same.   To me its either hit or miss...I dont have the same selection pool as others.  I am a bigger guy not obese fat but it makes it very hard on the owners cause I am so not built like the wimpy puppy latin guys down there.  So they either love me or hate me when they see my picture.   

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2014, 10:11:13 AM »
Yes they are certainly easy on the eyes but don't ever bother to "loan" a colombiana money. You'll never get it back so just "give" it to her which of course will make "generoso, amplio" etc.

And I agree. We all have our own taste in woman so letting someone else pick them out for you usually doesn't work.

Offline gyounger

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
My thoughts on single moms was due to I am raising the bar and redoing my standards... So I am not in the predicaments again I am getting x amount in savings so when I come home I can just work maintain my relacionship. .. and Good God not send her money... I think once you do it the cherry is popped and cant be undone. 

My new plan is not under 27... one kid is fine with me.  I am going to ask the tough questions from the get go and none of them have to do with sex... So if they wanna get offended they can go out the same door the came in. I am doing a lot of thinking about a lot of things.. Spent most of yesterday debating going back with my sister...She told me that I should stay here cause I wont find a girl that uses me here.. I told her right cause that did not happen before... Last one borrowed a grand from me then when we broke up and did want to pay it back fabricated a story to the cops so I have a DV that is dismissed but I still have to disclose.. At least with the colombian girl if I get screwed she is easy on the eyes.  I dont know that its not in human nature to screw each other over...  But I feel like I know and see the red flags...

Father time. I read your comment about Jamie picking the girls for me.  Problem with that is that  is my physical tastes are or may not be the same.   To me its either hit or miss...I dont have the same selection pool as others.  I am a bigger guy not obese fat but it makes it very hard on the owners cause I am so not built like the wimpy puppy latin guys down there.  So they either love me or hate me when they see my picture.

Re: disclosing the DV

Not if you go the spousal visa route.
See Ray's earlier post.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »

LS, I'm wondering, why do you keep ending up with heartless women who do you so dirty? I've never had  a woman do me like that... It sounds like you're rethinking your criteria, but realistically, whether a woman has kids, is a certain age, etc., there are still good and bad women within each of those demographics. If you're looking for an "hogarena" like I was, pay attention to her behavior more than what she says about herself. If she likes to go out and party, travel, shop,  etc., she's not as home loving as she says she is....  And as for the money situation, if she's from a poor neighborhood you will definitely be expected to contribute to her family unless she's able to work right away when she gets to the US and send her money back home...For the most part, Colombianas (and Filipinas, etc...)like gringos because they believe we can give them a better life. They have unrealistic views of our wealth and our lifestyle, so the hope for bettering her and her family's financial situation is always there when the woman comes from a poor background....

Offline Awesome

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
It has nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with a man's preference. If a guy doesn't want to deal with problems, headaches, an extra mouth to feed, limited availability, limited ability to travel and a whole laundry list of potential problems, that's his prerogative. Actually, I think an insecure man would prefer a woman with a kid(s) because she's gonna be a lot less likely to leave him (she's probably not gonna be hanging out at bars; she's probably going to want the stability of a man, etc).

Awesome/Htown-  It sounds like you are taking this very personally. Were you raised by a single mother?

I stated earlier that my personal preference is definitely a woman without kids, but the fact remains there are plenty of great women out there who have kids and it would be a shame to miss out on a good thing based on that alone.  And no I wasn't raised by a single mother.

Offline JasonA

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »
I think we all agree with that...   and it doesn't make anyone insecure. It's personal preference.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
I think we all agree with that...   and it doesn't make anyone insecure. It's personal preference.

I initially took issue with mc telling ls that dating a single mom is a horrible idea and nothing good can come of it.  That simply isn't true and if ls wants to explore that avenue for whatever reason then he should go for it.  Maybe he has a big heart and giving love and support to a single mother and her fatherless child can be a very noble and rewarding thing.  I've seen it work out plenty of times.

It's like people who adopt poor orphans that nobody else wants.  I have alot of respect for those people.  They remind me that there's more to life than just focusing on me me me all the time.

Other than that I think I'm basically on the same page as everyone else here.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

I'll tell you exactly what's up with that.  There's a huge fundamental difference between a woman's love for her child and her love for her man.  It's two different kind of loves and the two do not, cannot conflict.

The insecurity come into play when a guy feels threatened by the kid in thinking that by loving the kid that the woman is somehow still showing feelings for the father of the child.  Bam!  Insecurity.

I've dated single mothers who've shown me me more love than some childless women that I've dated.  And just because she doesn't have a child doesn't mean your automatically "first"(whatever that means anyway).  She still has a mother, father, brothers, sisters who may be ahead of you on the love line.

All you have to worry about is if your the FIRST MAN in her heart.  And if she truly loves you and you're the ONLY MAN in her heart, then kids, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents, cousins, are not your competition.

I wouldn't settle down with a woman with kids. I wouldn't raise another man's kids. That was just my choice as a young man. Now some guy might really like a woman with a kid. Maybe he had kids and doesn't want more. He finds a woman who had a kid young and he or she is now older now and will be off to college in a few years. I can completely understand that. But for a guy with no kids that is open to having a kid there was no reason for me to date a chica that already had kids.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline LatinSharpei

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »
Mambo, 

I think my reason for ending up with the girls that hose me over is cause I  ignore my inner voice   I knew that there were issues for a while... She did not like that I wore Cowboy boots and would not let me where them.  I just was never good enough and it lead to her trying to change everything about me.  I just was in too deep to pull out and give up.  I would not mind helping but not at the level where a girl makes me feel like that's all I am.  I just cant help but think what are they doing now with out my money.  I know she really wanted money for the phone bill and would not give it to her... She is really a lazy ass and I dont know what she is gonna do now thatshe has to earn her money again.  I guess it is not my worry and being concerned delays my healing process...  I admit I cared about her...  I guess like all things this will take time to pass.

Offline Ricardo1

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2014, 01:28:22 AM »
Mambo, 

I just was in too deep to pull out and give up. ..

I admit I cared about her...   

LatinSharpei,

I'll just give my 2 cents:

1) I don't agree that one can ever be in too deep to get out - especially if he's hasn't married or had a child with a woman.  That is, he is still single.  Which leads to my next comment...

2) One must be careful to avoid the belief that caring for someone means that the ongoing investment of resources and/or time is justified. 

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2014, 02:19:46 AM »

I initially took issue with mc telling ls that dating a single mom is a horrible idea and nothing good can come of it.  That simply isn't true and if ls wants to explore that avenue for whatever reason then he should go for it.  Maybe he has a big heart and giving love and support to a single mother and her fatherless child can be a very noble and rewarding thing.  I've seen it work out plenty of times.

It's like people who adopt poor orphans that nobody else wants.  I have alot of respect for those people.  They remind me that there's more to life than just focusing on me me me all the time.

Other than that I think I'm basically on the same page as everyone else here.

Although Awesome's post isn't directed towards me, to clarify things I was not trying to say dating a woman with children is a bad idea and I don't believe I ever made that statement. I was saying that I, just like BCC, couldn't do it after a few bad experiences and I gave my reasons. I also wanted to bring the additional challenges of dating a foreign woman with childen to everyone's attention. I too have the utmost respect for any man that commits himself to becoming a father to children that aren't biologically his. The world needs more men like that. I'm just not one of them.

Mambo,  I think my reason for ending up with the girls that hose me over is cause I  ignore my inner voice   I knew that there were issues for a while... She did not like that I wore Cowboy boots and would not let me where them.  I just was never good enough and it lead to her trying to change everything about me.  I just was in too deep to pull out and give up.  I would not mind helping but not at the level where a girl makes me feel like that's all I am.  I just cant help but think what are they doing now with out my money.  I know she really wanted money for the phone bill and would not give it to her... She is really a lazy ass and I dont know what she is gonna do now thatshe has to earn her money again.  I guess it is not my worry and being concerned delays my healing process...  I admit I cared about her...  I guess like all things this will take time to pass.

LS, not to make you feel even more $hitty but there are plenty of avenues she can take to meet more gringos and plenty of guys out there that "ignore their inner voice," or simply don't know better. Jamie's agency is only one of many ways single Colombianas can meet foreigners. I've met just as many Colombianas on LatinEuro, Colombian and Latin American Cupid as I've met through Jamie's Agency. I wouldn't for a second assume this girl is going to go without just because you're not giving her anything else. She has shown a capacity to lie to, deceive and use a man to get what she wants without it messing with her conscience. Even to the extent to where he can't provide for himself. You weren't her first and you won't be her last. Most girls I know like her keep another guy on standby just for the type of situations she's finding herself in now. If anything, from my experience, meeting and having a relationship with someone like you has only taught her what she shouldn't do when she finds her next sponsor. Girls like her get better at what they do with time...as long as they stay attractive. Then, for a woman like that, becoming a prepago is always an attractive option as well. The lack of any kind of moral compass is apparently already there.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:16:15 AM by benjio »

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »

You mad bro?  Lmao!!  It's not my fault you have no game.

Who've you seen me trash?  And please point out these "racist remarks".  Or are you just talking out of your arse, as usual?
Nothing, you're cool, yadda yadda. Nothing to see here. I am waaaay too hung over to reiterate and paste things you've said. My brain is fried today. If nobody is hung over here after yesterday's as whipping Denver took, I'm surprised.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:49:08 AM by Stevieboy »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »
Nothing, you're cool. Nothing to see here. I am waaaay too hung over to reiterate and paste things you've said. My brain is fried today. If nobody is hung over here after yesterday's as whipping Denver took, I'm surprised.

You mean you didn't bet on the SeaHawks. My Coronas went down well  ;D
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »
You mean you didn't bet on the SeaHawks. My Coronas went down well  ;D
One of our friends in our crowd last night won $500 bucks on the long shot score numbers. Nobody out of ten of us thought the Seahawks would win, yet nnobody was butt hurt over it because none of the teams were the Cowboys. 

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
....none of the teams were the Cowboys.

Of course not. It's not the early 90's.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:54:21 PM by benjio »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

Of course not. It's not the early 90's.  ;D
]

But Jimmy Johnson and his helmet head of hair was there!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »

Offline Stevieboy

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
]

But Jimmy Johnson and his helmet head of hair was there!
I was just old enough to watch the Cowboys when Tom Landry was coaching. Those were the days of Dorsett, Staughback, Randy White. The days when this team was respected, before Jerry Jones came along and guys like Jimmy Johnson had to endure him. Benjio mentioned the Cowboys of the early 90s, yeah they were fun to watch then yet jerry Jones had also just bought the team.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:13:39 PM by Stevieboy »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
I was just a kid when he became a big star, but Roger Staubach was perhaps the greatest quarterback of his time. I was a little surprised that after all these years, when I 'googled' 'roger s'--his name was the first thing to come up--after all these years.

He was a US Naval Academy graduate and a Heisman Trophy winner (The Navy actually beat Notre Dame with him as QB) who after graduating, served during the Vietnam war (despite being offered a cushy, safe stateside assignment, he volunteered for a year tour in Nam), and went on to multiple Super Bowl wins, 2 time Super Bowl MVP and a 6 time pro bowl choice.

He unintentionally invented the term 'Hail Mary Pass' when he self described a desperate, last minute 50 yard bomb he threw, that won a huge game against the Vikings. (To Drew Pearson)

He never made the huge bucks later players made, but he did create his own real estate company and continued to work hard at that, selling it in 2008 for over $600 million dollars. He's been married to the same gal for almost 50 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach

Johhny Unitas's prime was before Staubachs--actually before Super Bowls even came along--although he did win Super Bowl V (against Dallas) He and Staubach in my eyes, make the Peyton boys and Tom Brady look not as extraordinary.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140202/SPORTS0101/302020011/Sorry-Peyton-Manning-not-greater-than-Johnny-Unitas-yet?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 92