It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: It is a double edged sword  (Read 13048 times)

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
It is a double edged sword
« on: December 17, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
I thought I would be content to live 7 - 8 months a year in Colombia (or other locations), and the rest of time in the USA (Florida).   I have been stateside now for two months, and I am thankful for being here for the holidays (Being in South America for Christmans, if you are not in a serious relationship, is not the best of choices).

I always appreciate life in the USA more after being away, but there seems to me to be a great lack of color to life here - i feel like I am watching black and white television.

An article I read to understand my state - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-13/man-invents-curiosity-then-boredom-part-2-winifred-gallagher.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:01:21 PM by Zon »

Offline innerperson

Re: It is a double edged sword
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »
Zon, I have read plenty of your posts and the BS you have written in terms of the women.  You sure it isn't the BS but the BS to physical attraction quotient you are having a problem with?

Edited:  haha I just reread what I wrote and it sounds entirely different from what I was asking.  I didn't mean that you wrote bs about women but you wrote about the things women did in Colombia that could be looked at as bad behavior. 

Sorry about that, it wasn't an attack on you.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:27:09 PM by innerperson »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
Well zon it sounds like you need to progress to finding a REAL girlfriend or wife!   I tell you I like life in the states given I have already found a good wife.  I would rather be single in Colombia though.   

If Florida is boring you, why don't you try Oklahoma or Kansas?  At some point, I'll meet up with you and we can play a friendly game of King of the Silo. 

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »

Offline Zon

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »
Well zon it sounds like you need to progress to finding a REAL girlfriend or wife! 

Tal vez, pero

That would seem to mean that the basis for happiness for a man is a woman.   As if we are somehow incomplete, or with holes?  I am not ready to accept that basic premise at this time. 

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »

Well zon that was an interesting article. It is the typical thing someone would read in High School or freshman year in college when they quite don't know who they are as a person. Given that a man of your age reads stuff like this is, well, just sad.

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »

Well zon that was an interesting article. It is the typical thing someone would read in High School or freshman year in college when they quite don't know who they are as a person. Given that a man of your age reads stuff like this is, well, just sad.

Researcher

Researcher,

I also find the article a bit sophomoric and out of touch.

Seems like it was written by an academic that never traveled further than his lectern or one who spent his summers "reading" at one of our overpriced Ivy League Universities.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 11:04:19 AM »
Wider tent indeed.

Ok the article was bloated and intellectually striving. If you can get pass the wordiness the premises was important, as it exposes some people’s needs for new relationships (besides stale sex).

Now I wish I could be one of those men (that say) they can stay sexually attracted to the same woman after the honeymoon (6 months to 2 years for me). I want variety. I wish it was not so but I like the truth even if it is politically incorrect.

Back to the point Zon, it is a lot about curiosity as in “what would it be like to be with her?” What does she look like under that fashion statement? Etc etc. Then after you find out - boredom eventually exists.

In one of my books, I write the natural way of the world is

Attraction
Passion
Creation
Separation

(you can even relate this to the big bang theory)

This is the short story as to not make my long winded (as in flatulent) posts any stinkier.

Whether in business, vocation, opposite sex, avocation we first become attracted. Something catches our attention.

Lets apply this to women/relationships as appropriate.

Whatever it is – that something attracts you to her. I have found brestless long legged monkey butt girls attractive since day one. My Tico friends laugh and say “What? She has got no T & A!!!!

I say “yeah well look at those long legs! The point: I am attracted.

Then I get after it. That’s Passion!

Guess what? I create atmosphere or even children. That’s Creation.

Here comes what I believe to be the chink in the marital armor when it comes to fidelity.

After you have created, the next natural occurrence is separation.

Just as the baby’s body separates from its mother, just as the couple separates after insemination, separation is paramount to finding attraction once again. The process is perpetual. To find attraction once again one must separate from their creation. To create again you must separate from what you have created.

Now the good news is that the couple can become attractive to each other once again and reunite - repeat the process (it takes a lot of effort to be attractive over and over again – mathematically the odds are against you – but many couples to create harmony in the family simply fake the attractiveness. And that is OK. I am not judging that. Bt its unnatural and we intuitively know it..

However that said, to sustain an intuitive love relationship you have to be attractive – once again. Attraction is not perpetual. (However I am speaking on a gut level. Primordial.

People can be attractive for various other reasons beside physical such as need. When one person needs what the other has, they are attracted. Admiration, which makes us gift others because we admire their work. Friendship. This holds couples together as they may find how they treat each other creates attraction. However, need, admiration and friendship can be temporary. Physical attraction is very consistent. It’s the animal in us. Its erotic love. Primal. And procreation may be the ONLY reason we are here (its not as if I know, Jajajaj, but it may be!)

What makes you unattractive to your spouse and spawns boredom – Redundancy.

What spawns attraction is curiosity. What you find alluring makes you curious. Maybe that is why the perfume/scent industry is huge. Scent maybe one of the first steps to curiosity.

I could go on about this but to spare you all a book post - Jajajaja – I will let you all find a creative new way to fill in the void (yet another sexual pun). A huge libido is a curse in disguise!

"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Offline Zon

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:42 AM »
A huge libido is a curse in disguise!
  It is NOT just about women / sex drive.  There is more to it than that.

In South America, there is a sense of the unpredictable (which sometimes is not a positive, nevertheless, it is addictive).  There is a sexual energy in the air that is largely missing in the USA.  Damn people are getting fat here!  I mean everybody ... man, woman, and child.  After begin gone much of this year, I am more aware of the nanny state / police state at work in the USA.  I feel that everybody has had a partial lobotomy.

AND, I  CAN NOT SAY what I feel / mean / know without a good amount of mental editing here in the USA, because much of what would come out of my mouth would be politically incorrect and offensive.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »
Damn people are getting fat here!

god, thats the truth, seems acceptable now if your a 5ft2" woman weighing 140 in USA, your normal here.... sad!!!
but, i have also noticed that in medellin, some women are also getting bigger, dont know why, but in the last 6 years or so, the LB'S  have been  slowly moving up. thank god no where near the level of the USA.

Maybe we need to change it from " home of the free, land of the brave" to " home of the XL and land of the Fat asses"   LOL :o 

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »
Simple. Use the brithday cake factor to notice the difference in nutrition and diet. Check out the fotos of Norteamericanos around a birthday cake, compared to the size of the tortes Comombianos serve. Our cakes are the size of manhole covers. jajajjaja
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline innerperson

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
  It is NOT just about women / sex drive.  There is more to it than that.

In South America, there is a sense of the unpredictable (which sometimes is not a positive, nevertheless, it is addictive).  There is a sexual energy in the air that is largely missing in the USA.  Damn people are getting fat here!  I mean everybody ... man, woman, and child.  After begin gone much of this year, I am more aware of the nanny state / police state at work in the USA.  I feel that everybody has had a partial lobotomy.

AND, I  CAN NOT SAY what I feel / mean / know without a good amount of mental editing here in the USA, because much of what would come out of my mouth would be politically incorrect and offensive.

Getting fat?  They are fat and continuing to grow!

It is always a culture shock coming back to the US.  haha

Offline fathertime

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »
Tal vez, pero

That would seem to mean that the basis for happiness for a man is a woman.   As if we are somehow incomplete, or with holes?  I am not ready to accept that basic premise at this time.

there you go again with your little spanish words!  :D

now you made that premise up, i am suggesting you find a woman, because it appears THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT!   i'm basing this on the fact that you are spending months at a time in colombia and i'm just not buying into it being for the culture or adventure or for the food...if that were the case and you were looking for adventure you would be travelling to many different countries on different continents.....
face facts here.... you ARE a wife hunter no matter how you slice it! whether you wind up happy/fulfilled or not will depend on ONLY YOU!  :D

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Zon

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
now you made that premise up, i am suggesting you find a woman, because it appears THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT!

hmmm ... estoy de acuerdo.  That dialouge was in my own head.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
"In South America, there is a sense of the unpredictable (which sometimes is not a positive, nevertheless, it is addictive).  There is a sexual energy in the air that is largely missing in the USA."

Exactly.

When you put opposites together things ignite. There is homoginization of roles and sexes in the US. Men are women and women are men. The sad thing is that they don't know it. They see it no other way because they have not been out of the country to see that in most of the world it still masculine and feminine roles.

Its all made to be predictable and establish control over the populace. Its made that way to create "Good Little Followers." Now you all follow that political correctnes!!" and heaven forbid you pull your womans hair or she scrathces you or bites you or you give her a good slap while you are mauling here during sex. If you do, you could see the sex police prosecuting you for uncontrolled sex! Leash that sex pilgrim! Where the hell you think you are. Colombia!

In Costa Rica the populace ignores the goverment. They just do not cooperate with it. Here come the good little american followers and follow the rules. Drives the locals crazy! The US is the land where civil disobedience was born. Now we are so nuetered that we allow our government and the people in it to "newt" enrich themselve, gorge off of the community coffers and we say nothing! Just follow follow follow...

The rich on TV like Shawn jack Ass Insanity perpetuate the satus quo so the pigs get fatter. But since the US is the land of the well trained Good Little Follower" its all so predictable that the staus quo and those in charge have no problem with maintaing thier fatness. Shooting ducks in a barrel. Just feed them more TV and we can make them in any image we want. Diluge them in marketing and make sure thatthey strive for the material to a point that they have no time to think, Just eat, work, sleep and repeat it. Creative thinking? Pondering what life is worth? Creating a self definition? They define you by indoctrination. There weapons, Kardasians, gays on TV, all the Hollywood values. Hell anythings goes as long as it does not physically injure anyone. Does not matter if it menatally or culturally cripples us! God? Forget about it. Dawn those panties men. Wear those pants women. Motherhood 0 fagetaboutit! Send those kids to datcare. Gotta make more money and mom has to find self fulfillment in the workplace so she can define herslf as a man does.

Barf on all of it, The US is perverted. I love my friends and family but its such a head f//k that I have really lost them.

They either envy or despise me in an undercover way. I am so far out living in Costa Rica, doing what i want when I want to, being as lazy as the Tico neighbor. Talking crap, chasing chicks, laughing with the guys, gossiping about the opposite sex. We live life here man. You guys just work. Do we have all the material crap you guys have (well I do kind off) but we really don't. I have a lot less than I could if i was in the US.

But why the hell would I trade my freedom, my free time to be lazy, my tico cohorts who are as happily worthless as I am, and all the fun BS that goes down here for what? a bigger TV? A newer car, designer clothes. Masculine women that think good men and worse yet an older man are worthless. By the time you guys maintain what you have, administer to your homes and wives, pay you taxes (when is tax freedom day in the US?) you got no frickin time to live!

I can call a spade a spade and make it as plain as day to you all, but very few of you accept it.

The people in the US don'y know how to live. That is they have lost perpective. Their priorities are screwed up. Motherhood, the most important thing in the world is merely a biological function in the US. Its taboo. What, you are a stay at home mom? jijiji, Why are you waisting your time? That is how the american "woman" sees it.

Remeber the Guess Who? American Woman? Some of us got it. Most didn't.

I try and be my brother's keeper  --- but he would rather be "Kept" by his wife. And I mean well-leashed. More like staked down in the back yard begging for leftovers that he provided. Absurd... Wake frickink up from the nightmare that you don't even know you are in!
"but we who knew that different truths can coexist thought not that we were lowering ourselves by countenancing another's truth, unpalatable though it might seem."

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
hmmm ... estoy de acuerdo.  That dialouge was in my own head.

That explains the echo! hahaha!
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
When you put opposites together things ignite. There is homoginization of roles and sexes in the US. Men are women and women are men. The sad thing is that they don't know it. They see it no other way because they have not been out of the country to see that in most of the world it still masculine and feminine roles.

True

The people in the US don'y know how to live. That is they have lost perpective. Their priorities are screwed up. Motherhood, the most important thing in the world is merely a biological function in the US. Its taboo. What, you are a stay at home mom? jijiji, Why are you waisting your time? That is how the american "woman" sees it.

That's why we are all here brother.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Zon

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »
aconcepts ... oh, well then, that clarifies things.   8)

Nice input.  I continue to like the affect you are having on this place.

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
Well I hope that was part on the installment you asked for in your private message.

Thanks for the positive vibes. Your encoragement has stimulated my participation. So all these guys have you to blame for my excriment! Thow it to Zon!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »

Its all made to be predictable and establish control over the populace. Its made that way to create "Good Little Followers." Now you all follow that political correctnes!!" and heaven forbid you pull your womans hair or she scrathces you or bites you or you give her a good slap while you are mauling here during sex. If you do, you could see the sex police prosecuting you for uncontrolled sex! Leash that sex pilgrim! Where the hell you think you are. Colombia!

In Costa Rica the populace ignores the goverment. They just do not cooperate with it. Here come the good little american followers and follow the rules. Drives the locals crazy! The US is the land where civil disobedience was born. Now we are so nuetered that we allow our government and the people in it to "newt" enrich themselve, gorge off of the community coffers and we say nothing! Just follow follow follow...

The rich on TV like Shawn jack Ass Insanity perpetuate the satus quo so the pigs get fatter. But since the US is the land of the well trained Good Little Follower" its all so predictable that the staus quo and those in charge have no problem with maintaing thier fatness. Shooting ducks in a barrel. Just feed them more TV and we can make them in any image we want. Diluge them in marketing and make sure thatthey strive for the material to a point that they have no time to think, Just eat, work, sleep and repeat it. Creative thinking? Pondering what life is worth? Creating a self definition? They define you by indoctrination. There weapons, Kardasians, gays on TV, all the Hollywood values. Hell anythings goes as long as it does not physically injure anyone. Does not matter if it menatally or culturally cripples us! God? Forget about it. Dawn those panties men. Wear those pants women. Motherhood 0 fagetaboutit! Send those kids to datcare. Gotta make more money and mom has to find self fulfillment in the workplace so she can define herslf as a man does.

Barf on all of it, The US is perverted. I love my friends and family but its such a head f//k that I have really lost them.

They either envy or despise me in an undercover way. I am so far out living in Costa Rica, doing what i want when I want to, being as lazy as the Tico neighbor. Talking crap, chasing chicks, laughing with the guys, gossiping about the opposite sex. We live life here man. You guys just work. Do we have all the material crap you guys have (well I do kind off) but we really don't. I have a lot less than I could if i was in the US.

But why the hell would I trade my freedom, my free time to be lazy, my tico cohorts who are as happily worthless as I am, and all the fun BS that goes down here for what? a bigger TV? A newer car, designer clothes. Masculine women that think good men and worse yet an older man are worthless. By the time you guys maintain what you have, administer to your homes and wives, pay you taxes (when is tax freedom day in the US?) you got no frickin time to live!

Lots of red meat again ac,

I think you are doing what you want to do which is the way it should be!

I imagine a lot of others are doing what they want to do regarding, having a spouse/children etc. 

I suppose if the world were perfect we could do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted OR we could just be happy/grateful for what we have, and not worry too much about if we don't 'have it all, because actually nobody does!

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
Well I hope that was part on the installment you asked for in your private message.

Thanks for the positive vibes. Your encoragement has stimulated my participation. So all these guys have you to blame for my excriment! Thow it to Zon!
it is nice that zonny got you to participate and throw your philosophy out there...it is a little lengthy and i don't buy it all hook, line, and sinker, but it is still interesting enough!

Fathertime! 
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
its all excriment. Take what you want and leave the rest. I aint looking to create a following. Call me freebird. Don't want no followers no employees.

This place is interesting to say the least and there are some savy people here.

One thing you have to admit we all have the balls to think outside the US box when it comes to women. Me and others have the balls to think outside the US box when it comes to life.

The thing is we got sacks that most others don't. So that's our brotherhood. That is what binds us.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
its all excriment. Take what you want and leave the rest. I aint looking to create a following. Call me freebird. Don't want no followers no employees.

That's my attitude.

This place is interesting to say the least and there are some savy people here.

Savyy, smart, very opinionated and we all can be as$holes sometimes.

One thing you have to admit we all have the balls to think outside the US box when it comes to women. Me and others have the balls to think outside the US box when it comes to life.

The thing is we got sacks that most others don't. So that's our brotherhood. That is what binds us.

There are a lot of different guys here, but you are right that IS the common thread. 

That's enough for me to stick around, as long as I keep learning and can help like minded guys achieve success in this journey.

Zulu

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Data boy...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »

Lots of red meat again ac,

I think you are doing what you want to do which is the way it should be!

I imagine a lot of others are doing what they want to do regarding, having a spouse/children etc. 

I suppose if the world were perfect we could do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted OR we could just be happy/grateful for what we have, and not worry too much about if we don't 'have it all, because actually nobody does!

Fathertime!

Excellent post FT!

I would like to see more guys think like aconcepts. The things he posts about US society I saw coming years ago. I even realized it before I started travelling outside the US. I remember telling other guys the same thing and how I saw the US quickly declining socially for men. It didn't take me long before I figured out it was a lost cause and I just needed to do what was best for myself and I did it. The state of affairs for men in the US is old hat in my opinion and still a lost cause. No need in even discussing it really. I do enjoy taking the occasional jab at women in the US but that's about it. As far as the situation for men in the US I'll leave the rescuing up to guys like aconcepts.

Researcher

Offline aconcepts

• Ka what?!?
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01:46 AM »
Searcer - change starts one person at a time. If you can't join em, beat em!

You know I think there are more men that think that way than we believe. Its that they are afraid to say it....

Speak up and live!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 71