It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I'm totally amazed  (Read 62931 times)

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: I'm totally amazed
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »
Honestly Pig I feel better now that its all out in the open. I don't know that this is even the truth but its what he sent to me in an email. Now all I want is to be left alone about this so that I can go find a corner lick my wounds and heal up. I'll survive. I'll keep looking after some time, but for now, I'm taking a break and this time I'm truly done with this thread.

Bill

Good Luck Bill!!!

Luv You Man!!

Come back when you are ready!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
Bill, very sorry to hear what happened, and thanks for posting.  You will probably save a few guys from the same fate.

Man, 8 months is sure a loooong con ... scary!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
 :o Whoa... I sure didn't see that coming!    :o

Take it easy Bill, talk to ya later.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »

Offline Ray

« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »

I KNEW IT!

Bading na! (Benny Boy)

There was something about that photo!

Ray

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
I do not mean to throw fuel on the fire & this have been brought to a "close" but there is still something ringing at the back of my head.

First:
Capstone, William3rd & Ray previously stated:
1. Visitor visas do not require medical exams and/or police clearances.
2. The Embassy was closed on the day you say her visa was issued. Rizal Day is normally celebrated on Dec 30, but was changed to Dec 27 for 2010 by presidential decree. 
The above statements are true.

Then:

She gave Bill the Ladyboy / Benny Boy story.
She is arrested at the airport by the authorities for fraud. One of the things that he/she committed is immigration fraud. And Immigration fraud is a serious charge.
Then why is he/she out of jail so quick?
Someone correct me if I am wrong but they just don't arrest you, take your your ticket and passport/visa or whatever fake documents you have taken away & then let you go free - all in one or two day? There is a huge "fine" that goes with the crimes committed that have to be "paid".

The Benny Boy story may be true but there is another scenario that I would like to point out.

What if:
Let us for a minute assume that he was scammed then the Ladyboy/Benny Boy story is told to Bill & thus Bill being so shocked/disgusted that he would just walk away.

Bill have gone to mend his wounds - let us let him recover.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
I do not mean to throw fuel on the fire & this have been brought to a "close" but there is still something ringing at the back of my head.

What if:
Let us for a minute assume that he was scammed then the Ladyboy/Benny Boy story is told to Bill & thus Bill being so shocked/disgusted that he would just walk away.

Bill have gone to mend his wounds - let us let him recover.

KFc,

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. 

I thinks its a Fat Yuri derivative, with a twist.  For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head that she/him/it was released so quickly.

I think that he/she/it never left the house except to collect a nice stack of crisp pesos from Western Union.

I would not be surprised that he/she/it is reading P-L or a similar site and was prepared for the "kano wallet" assault with a new derivative or variation of an old con game.

An 8 month carefully planned con to get 80,000+ pesos!

Where are the 47 Ronin when you need them!  :D

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
I need 46 volunteers....  ;)

(Do you have any idea how hard it is to travel with a pair of swords these days?!)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:09:44 PM by Jedironin »
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »
I need 46 volunteers....  ;)

(Do you have any idea how hard it is to travel with a pair of swords these days?!)

We have 2 years, pack a Balikbayan Box and we will meet at a designated rendezvous point!

But no Seppuku this time!   :D

I gotta be back for work on Monday!

Zulu

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
Honestly Pig I feel better now that its all out in the open. I don't know that this is even the truth but its what he sent to me in an email. Now all I want is to be left alone about this so that I can go find a corner lick my wounds and heal up. I'll survive. I'll keep looking after some time, but for now, I'm taking a break and this time I'm truly done with this thread.

Bill
yup stick a fork in this thread i looks to be done.

see ya soon Bill
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Dave H

« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:36 AM »
Bill,

First of all...sorry to hear about the outcome!

What more can I say that hasn't been said?  ??? Again...the basics: Don't send money until you meet them in person and are in a committed relationship!

Dave

To lighten up the thread a bit...it could have been worse!  ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_yAdD9r9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1epel-hCyg0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSYHfuk5YP4&feature=related
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »

I KNEW IT!

Bading na! (Benny Boy)

There was something about that photo!

Ray

Hey Ray,

I don't know...it looks like a banjo to me? Oh..the old photo! Right!  ;D

Guys just don't want to believe that some of those hot webcam "ladies" have a few extra body parts! Tuck and duck tape baby! I have even seen them in thongs...in which case it is tuck and insert baby!  ::)

Dave

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »
Maybe you should hire yourself out as a checker in the PI Dave, like Crocodile Dundee in the first movie.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »
Maybe you should hire yourself out as a checker in the PI Dave, like Crocodile Dundee in the first movie.

Hey Jeff,

That is a good idea. "It's a Sheila!" I would be doing a huge service for mankind...unlike some of the amateur private eyes around here.   ;) You just can't trust a Philippine birth certificate!   ::)

Dave

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
She is arrested at the airport by the authorities for fraud. One of the things that he/she committed is immigration fraud. And Immigration fraud is a serious charge.
Then why is he/she out of jail so quick?
Did I miss something in those 20 pages?  I don't remember reading that (s)he went to jail, only that she was arrested and...
...they stopped her in Manila before she ever got on the plane.
His/her fraud was against the U.S., but (s)he never got to the U.S.  What arrest authority does PAL have?  Their interest is simply in not having to provide him/her with a free seat on a return flight because (s)he was eventually denied entry at the POE.  Wouldn't PAL simply say, You can't board. Go home. ???  Who were the authorities that would stop him/her?  Who would prosecute against the offense?  Just curious as to the system.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:04:07 PM by Bob_S »
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »
He was caught in possession of a fraudulent/counterfit birth certificate and a fraudulent Philippine passport. The RP authorities arrested him according to the email and I have no idea if anything in the email is the truth. Supposedly he spent 4 days in jail and that is all I know.

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline thekfc

« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Did I miss something in those 20 pages?  I don't remember reading that (s)he went to jail, only that she was arrested and...His/her fraud was against the U.S., but (s)he never got to the U.S.  What arrest authority does PAL have?  Their interest is simply in not having to provide him/her with a free seat on a return flight because (s)he was eventually denied entry at the POE.  Wouldn't PAL simply say, You can't board. Go home. ???  Who were the authorities that would stop him/her?  Who would prosecute against the offense?  Just curious as to the system.
It wasn't PAL (Philippines Airlines) that stop him/her - it was the Philippines Authority.  He/she wasn't flying on PAL - was suppose to fly on Delta.

He was caught in possession of a fraudulent/counterfit birth certificate and a fraudulent Philippine passport. The RP authorities arrested him according to the email and I have no idea if anything in the email is the truth. Supposedly he spent 4 days in jail and that is all I know.

Bill
Thanks Bill, I was just about to post that he/she had fake Philippines Documents - so the Philippines authority have the right to make an arrest.
I think Bob miss the part about having a bogus birth certificate.

Offline Capstone

• Spouse's Country: China
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
Bill,

I hope that this unfortunate experience doesn't persuade you to abandon your search because there really are a lot of great ladies out there to be found. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and get back on the horse my friend. At the very least you will have one hell of a drinking story to tell in the future! Good luck & don't give up now!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
Supposedly he spent 4 days in jail and that is all I know.
Suppose to fly on 1/13/01
Was arrested at the airport on 1/13/11
Bill first update about the situation on 1/15/11
Bill second update on the situation on 1/16/11

That is less than 4 days.

Just curious Bill, was he/she the one who emailed you?

Bill,

I hope that this unfortunate experience doesn't persuade you to abandon your search because there really are a lot of great ladies out there to be found. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and get back on the horse my friend. At the very least you will have one hell of a drinking story to tell in the future! Good luck & don't give up now!
+1

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »
I'm not giving up. I'm just going to back way off for a while. My head is screwed up big time. Right now I wouldn't be fit company for much of anyone. I swing between being totally pissed off to being so fricking ashamed that I want to go find a hole and crawl into it. Then theres the purely emotional part of being used, abused, and let down. That 24 hrs at the airport meeting plane after plane after plane with highest hopes to lowest lows time after time SUCKED! The 4 hour drive home after all of that wasn't easy either. Sitting in silence your mind running wild and driving with the not knowing, at that time, if she was lost in Detroit or got on the wrong plane and ended up in LA or whatever. Is she alive? Is she dead? Is it a scam? Is she lost? It sucked. Right now I'm so damned mad that I could just scream and punch something, in an hour I'll probably be on the other end of all this. It's just going to take time...

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
Suppose to fly on 1/13/01
Was arrested at the airport on 1/13/11
Bill first update about the situation on 1/15/11
Bill second update on the situation on 1/16/11

That is less than 4 days.

Just curious Bill, was he/she the one who emailed you?
 +1

Yeah I've done the math too. No way could it have gone down the way he says it did. As I think seriously about all of this there were other teeny tiny things that should have thrown flags too, but by that time, after talking for 8 months, they seemed like purely trivial nothings. When I have all of this settled in my head I'll write up a detailed course of events and I'll highlight everything that just doesn't quite fit. I don't ever want to hear of anyone else having to endure something like this if I can get the word out and keep it from happening.

She never asked for money until the bogus visa was in hand and by then I'd totally swallowed the bait and the hook. She flat out refused when I just wanted to pay for the chat time. In fact he never even asked for the money for the ticket, he just went and got an itinerary that was valid, told me what the cost was, and I sent it. Never not one time did he ask for money.

This is a totally new one that I've never read about or heard about. When I asked to see the visa he showed it to me with a HUGE elated smile. When I asked to see the tickets, same thing. This guy is GOOD!!! I don't know if he'll change his name before he strikes again, but he was using Cris Katipunan with me.

Bill

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »
Supposedly he spent 4 days in jail and that is all I know.
Ah, which explains why you were left hanging at the airport.   :'(

If that's where (s)he really was.   :-\  ::)

It wasn't PAL (Philippines Airlines) that stop him/her - it was the Philippines Authority.
Got it.  But what Authority?  Where in the departure process would they bag you if there's an issue?
Consider: When a foreign national departs the U.S., passport control is handled by the airline representative.  They check your passport and take your I-94 card.  Then you proceed to security check and on to the gate.
But when I as a foreign national depart Japan, first I check in at the airline counter where they check my passport.  Then I go on to security check, then passport control where they take my departure card that is stapled to my passport.  Then on to the gate.  If there is an issue with my departure card, they would notice it at passport control where there are some officers sitting in a booth off to the side who would come out and bag me (which almost happened once when me and the missus were traveling with our little girl when she was still a baby and there was an issue with her departure card on her U.S. passport).

So, what is the set up like in Manila?  If you had fraudulent documents or some issue with your passport or visa, would the airline even be aware?  Or would they pass you on to passport control that would stop you?

This is a totally new one that I've never read about or heard about.
A new one around here, that's for damn sure.  Though I'll bet Dave H. has a few firsthand accounts he's seen.   :o
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
Bill,

Amen,

Bill is not a quitter and he's a very smart gentleman with a lot of common sense. "Impulsive' or 'naive' are about the last words anybody might wrongfully come up with in trying to describe him, not that anyone has.

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Bill and have introduced him last year and this year to four Filipinas, three married and one divorced. Three of them want him to meet well educated ladies from their own families and the forth also likes and respects him, but honestly is a bit miffed that Bill wasn't interested in pursuing her!

All three husbands think he's a fine fellow indeed. He's a 'guys' guy' --the kind of guy that if you had to fix something and couldn't, you'd want to pick his mind.

Bill doesn't talk a lot and when he does, it's about things he knows about. He looks younger than his age, the ladies say, and he carries him self well, not flashy, but clean cut and well mannered.

But while might fools rush in, that's not Bill's style. The guy is regrouping, is back to working hard and having learned a helluva a lesson, one that could've happened to a whole lot of sharper guys, meaning more experienced with the Philippines, he's working hard at a great job with a great outfit, putting in the hours and getting his life back on track.

How many guys would go through what he's been through and be strong, honest and nice enough to come forward and tell the details, hoping he could save someone else some misery possibly?

I never even sensed the word 'quit' in this guy.

Yea, he was seriously bummed and some might say 'down for the count' for a brief spell, but he's back on his feet for sure, reeling a bit, but stone cold sober, smarter and stronger for the experience. Nobody I know who knows Bill personally counts him out on anything or has anything less than total respect for the guy.

Bill doesn't need any plugs or sympathy, no pats on the back needed for this him. I just want everybody to know that here, as well as in 'real life' out there, he's 'good people' as my Dad used to say in a quiet way, after we'd finish spending sometime with an exceptionally good person.

That's just my 'fifty cents' on the guy, from meeting, walking and dining with the fellow, 'eye to eye'.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:13:31 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »
Guys,

I don't think this was anything "new" that we haven't seen before.  It's a Fat Yuri derivative, with a doppelganger, phony female, 8 months in the making, same old confidence/con game.

He/she/it never left the house except to collect a nice stack of crisp pesos from Western Union.

He/she/it never went to the airport, never had any tickets and never had a visa.

An 8 month carefully planned con to get 80,000+ pesos, plain and simple.

Zulu
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:56:11 PM by z_k_g »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »
But what Authority?

The "story" is that an enemy, Ani, and she had it out a few days before the flight and Ani turned her into the Philippine embassy where the passport was issued. Might have been the local police too. I'll have to read that email again. The Philippine police had an order to detain waiting for her at the airport and she was detained and arrested by the RP police? Manila Police? Some local law enforcement.

Robert - I wasn't interested in pursuing her because Cris was on the way here in a few days and none of this had gone down yet. Also, the thought crossed my mind that all of you were testing me to see if I was a run around; I'm not.

Bill

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
Guys,

I don't think this was anything "new" that we haven't seen before.  It's a Fat Yuri derivative, with a doppelganger, phony female, 8 months in the making, same old confidence/con game.

He/she/it never left the house except to collect a nice stack of crisp pesos from Western Union.

He/she/it never went to the airport, never had any tickets and never had a visa.

An 8 month carefully planned con to get 80,000+ pesos, plain and simple.

Zulu

You may be totally correct but it's more data. Something else to be aware of. Every scammer that I ran into before this was an easy spot. They needed money for something within a few days, be it medical bills, grandmas surgery, something. This one never asked for a dime but with a long baited trap she eventually got exactly what she wanted and I was happy as a kitten to give it her.

Bill

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 64