It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I'm totally amazed  (Read 63023 times)

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
Re: I'm totally amazed
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. Since I've never been there myself, that could have been a disaster!!! :D

Bill

Hey Bill,

As you know, most Filipinas are quite conservative. They wear a "Filipina bikini" when they swim. (shorts and t-shirts) Many people get off of I-95 or the Florida Turnpike at the Golden Glades Interchange and head toward the Atlantic Ocean. Then they turn south onto A1A and head to South Beach (where the action is). Once you turn and get past the short stretch of hotels, there is a tendency for people to stop at Haulover Park to see the Atlantic Ocean. The area at the north end  of the beach is for nudists. There are no barricades, only signs posted which can be easily overlooked. Nude beaches might not be so bad in some areas (say Europe)...but we are talking Miami here!!! The "accessories" and behavior can be quite shocking...even for the "Man in the purple G-string." I don't think that I need to get more graphic?  ;D

Good luck with your lady and have a great time!

Dave

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:28:58 AM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:57 AM »
Wednesday, day after tomorrow, I wonder what she booked. I asked her to text me the details as soon as she knew them, but she always uses the excuse of "you were asleep and I didn't want the phone to wake you". I guess I'll find out soon enough. She won't be flying west coast, she'll be coming into Atlanta. What does that add? Another +/- 4 hours to the flight time? Never mind, I'll just wait and talk to her and get the info from her itinery.

???????

Did I miss something here?  

Bill, you don't have her confirmed itinerary in hand?

Email or voice mail not working at your house?  Text messages wake you up?

Too many red words for me!  

We talk twice a day everyday unless there is a brown out or something is going on, something like All Saints Day when she spent the night at the cemetery with her family.

We've talked today again but the internet was a POS so she was cut off several times.

This visa didn't just suddenly appear either. Shes been gathering medical records, police reports and other documentation for a couple of months.

She sounds like a pretty meticulous detail oriented person, who pretty much always keeps you up to date with info!

But...for this trip you know nothing?

Hmmm

Zulu
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:07:59 AM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Dave H

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »
I just called a few store to see if they had any - one store sold out & the others didn't have any.
I just found a Fil-Am store close to my job - I will go check it out later this week.

It is called a "kabo" in Cebuano and other Visayan languages as Ray mentioned. But, also known a "tabo" here my Cebuano speaking region of Mindanao. I think my wife usually calls it a "tabo." Ever since Ray suggested that I get a purple tabo to match my purple G-string some years ago, I have become a collector and connoisseur of the tabo. Although, I am really not very fond of using them for their intended purposes. (I will let you keep guessing   ;)) They have many other uses.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:10:48 AM by Dave H »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 02:57:00 AM »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 03:08:06 AM »
ok what in the hell is the dipper used for guys?
washing bottom ?

Hey piglett,

You better look it up on the Internet. They have diagrams (posted on P-L in the archives). I have achieved Datu status with the tabo. Ray is the "Sultan of the tabo."  ;D

Dave

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 05:42:06 AM »
Hey pig,

I have heard of a few of those situations. Girl gets money for plane tickets, man waits at airport for lady to arrive...she never shows up! I know several ladies here who have done that. One took the money from one guy and bought a ticket to be with their real fiance.  ::) She already had a fiance visa. I wonder if her fiance knew where she got the money for her plane tickets?

Dave
I bet he was some kind of salty >:( >:( >:(

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Hey piglett,

You better look it up on the Internet. They have diagrams (posted on P-L in the archives). I have achieved Datu status with the tabo. Ray is the "Sultan of the tabo."  ;D

Dave
OK i know know what the little dipper is used for.
i always wondered why my wife smelled like a spring day, even after doing a "complete" body search i have never found any part of her that didn't smell good :D

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2011, 11:50:05 AM »
Did I miss something here?  
Bill, you don't have her confirmed itinerary in hand?
Email or voice mail not working at your house?  Text messages wake you up?
Too many red words for me!  
She sounds like a pretty meticulous detail oriented person, who pretty much always keeps you up to date with info!
But...for this trip you know nothing?
Yeah, I saw that, too.  She leaves him out of the loop on important info because she doesn't want to disturb him?  Even if she's legit, that's a bad bad start to a relationship.   ::)  :-\

Well, right about now, she should be wandering around Narita looking for her connecting flight (unless it's just a brief refueling layover).
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
Trust but verify.

Enough said.

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
She couldn't get a flight for Wednesday on Monday, two days isn't enough lead time. She's an inexperienced traveler and she got pissed at the travel agent thinking that he was yanking her chain so she went to another travel agency and found the same thing so now she's embarrassed and pissed that she can't get here tomorrow. Wednesday flights are the cheapest because all of the business travel and vacation travel is done on weekends so she booked her flight for a week from tomorrow, next Wednesday, on my direction. Then she has a once every 28 day female issue happening so shes not a happy camper right this minute. Cut her a little slack, this has all happened since the 27th of Dec., that's 8 days for crying out loud. Lets see any one of us that are experienced travelers get it all together in 8 days and get half way around the world. Then throw in some very uncomfortable personal issues on top of that. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone either. She took a day off yesterday/last night, whatever it was and shes going to go pick up the ticket today/tonight. I'll see it on the cam first thing in the AM. I've already seen her visa so stop, cease and desist. I know everyone is concerned about her scamming me, and I appreciate that, but don't be. This is happening, it's just not happening in what would have been 6 days.

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline ignorante

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
Well, now at least she won't be showing up all pissed off on her period . . .  :D

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »
Bill M,

WE LOVE YOU MAN!!

I know everyone is concerned about her scamming me, and I appreciate that, but don't be. This is happening, it's just not happening in what would have been 6 days.

Bill

We want this too happen also!

ZULU

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Well, now at least she won't be showing up all pissed off on her period . . .  :D

Thank you Sweet Jesus!!!

:D

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
Then she has a once every 28 day female issue happening so shes not a happy camper right this minute.
Oh gawd, yeah, delay delay.  It's no fun being stuck on a plane for a gazillion-hour flight with Aunt Flo (or so I've been told by those in the know).  Better to let her sit it out at home.  It gives her more time to pack and prepare anyway.

BTW, I don't know if there's a polite way to drop a hint to her, but I've been told that certain birth control pills help regulate and minimize her cycle so it is easier to travel.  It might be useful especially if she's there through her next cycle.  Is such a thing available where she lives or has the theocracy banned it?

Lets see any one of us that are experienced travelers get it all together in 8 days and get half way around the world.
Had to book a trip in 2 days once to get back for my FiL's funeral (had to hurry back to piss on his grave, but that's another story).
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »
Cris has her ticket in hand. She'll be traveling on the 13th. I don't know the details as to arrival times and so on, but she just sent me a text saying that she has the ticket. She couldn't get a flight on the 12th so she went with the 13th. Details will follow when I have them.

This is really a lot better than the original big hurry we were in. The menstral issue will be resolved by then and she'll have time to pack in a relaxed manner, hopefully she won't forget anything. Earlier tonight when we were talking on YIM, I asked if she had a list to check off and make sure that she has everthing she'll need; she laughed and said of course she does, its in her head. :)

Bill
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:44:49 PM by Bill_McC »

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

Sounds great Bill.

Just make sure she is fully aware of the security rules, such as liquids and sharp objects in carry-ons, the baggage weight rules, carry-on size limits, etc… She should check the airline web site for details.

Does she have hotel reservations in the same city of her final destination on her flight itinerary? Does the city match that of the original stated purpose of her trip (Orlando)? Does she have sufficient funds or at least a major credit card to cover all expenses for the length of her requested stay? Remember that she may be questioned extensively by ICE at her port of entry, depending on the agent, his/her mood, etc…

Perhaps she should wear a Mickey Mouse T-shirt and mouse ears when traveling, just to be safe…  :D

Good luck and DO NOT pull a Heruamen!  ;) 

Ray

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
Sounds great Bill.

Does she have hotel reservations in the same city of her final destination on her flight itinerary? yes Does the city match that of the original stated purpose of her trip (Orlando)? Atlanta - yes Does she have sufficient funds or at least a major credit card to cover all expenses for the length of her requested stay? yes and yes Remember that she may be questioned extensively by ICE at her port of entry, depending on the agent, his/her mood, etc… Shes been made aware of this and has all of her ducks in a row and all of her documents are going to be in her carry on Perhaps she should wear a Mickey Mouse T-shirt and mouse ears when traveling, we'll pick those up at Disney World together :) just to be safe…  :D

Good luck and DO NOT pull a Heruamen!  ;)  What is a Heruamen?

Ray

1/13 /11 Cris' itinery

Depart Manila 6:15 AM arrive Nagoya 10:00 AM
Depart Nagoya 12:30 PM arrive Detroit 10:40 AM
Depart Detroit 12:05 PM Arrive Atlanta 2:17 PM

Bill

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
Bill M,

Have fun!

Go back in the posts for Heruamen earlier this year, the details are there.

You can read the details for yourself.

Zulu

Offline Dave H

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:05 AM »
OK i know know what the little dipper is used for.
i always wondered why my wife smelled like a spring day, even after doing a "complete" body search i have never found any part of her that didn't smell good :D

pig

Hey pig,

You NEVER WILL!  ;)

Dave

Offline Dave H

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:54 AM »

Perhaps she should wear a Mickey Mouse T-shirt and mouse ears when traveling, just to be safe…  :D

Ray

FUNNY...but probably not a bad idea!  ;D

Dave

Offline Capstone

• Spouse's Country: China
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »

1/13 /11 Cris' itinery

Depart Manila 6:15 AM arrive Nagoya 10:00 AM
Depart Nagoya 12:30 PM arrive Detroit 10:40 AM
Depart Detroit 12:05 PM Arrive Atlanta 2:17 PM

Bill

By the itinerary, it looks like she must be flying Delta. She will probably be cutting it pretty close transiting through Detroit with that brief of a layover. After she deplanes she will need to go through immigration, then collect her luggage and go through customs and then recheck her bags before she can continue to the gate of her connecting flight. Hopefully her flight from Nagoya will arrive a little earlier than scheduled though - the airlines tend to pad the flight times a bit for international flights.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
She will probably be cutting it pretty close transiting through Detroit with that brief of a layover. After she deplanes she will need to go through immigration, then collect her luggage and go through customs and then recheck her bags before she can continue to the gate of her connecting flight.
Yep, she's only scheduled for, what, an hour and 25 minutes?  That's not much time for everything that has to be done.  If there's the slightest hiccup (a delay at immigration? lost luggage and need to file a report?), she'll miss her connecting flight.
So, Bill, do not be the least bit surprised or angry if she calls you in a panic saying she missed her flight to Atlanta.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »
While what Bob_S says is certainly true--possible, but I think that there's probably several flights a day out of Detroit that link into Atlanta. Around here, they say that "After you die, you still have to pass through Atlanta"
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »
I too was looking at her POE and connecting flight to ATL & said ouch!!!!
Immigration alone could take that much time & if she have to go through secondary.........

Is there any possible way you can meet her at the airport in Detroit (book a ticket on the same flight to ATL?) ..........just in case.

What class of ticket do she have? is it possible for her to reschedule the ATL leg?
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2011, 05:42:12 AM »
Bill, I think that so long as you let her know ahead of time that she might miss the connection in DET, and reassure her that it is OK. Don't panic, it's not a problem, there's more flights out of there.  ;)
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2011, 07:26:18 AM »
Bill, I think that so long as you let her know ahead of time that she might miss the connection in DET, and reassure her that it is OK. Don't panic, it's not a problem, there's more flights out of there.  ;)

Yep, you should tell her & give her advice/directions/solution for if it happen.

Also remember one thing - she is flying on Delta   ::)
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5878
Latest: Wileycauch
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 72