It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Don't mess with "THE HONEY"!!  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Bear

Don't mess with "THE HONEY"!!
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:05:52 AM »
I am sitting here on a calm Sunday morn thinking about the chores the day has planned for me, feeling good because life is good, tired because I'm OLD (just kidding).

I noticed my Honey changing as she becomes more Americanized, more mature, more confidant, but still totally wacko!  For instance when AJ was born almost immediately we had to buy him shoes.  I even remember a post about shoes where I pointed out AJ was only 3 months old and already had 4 pairs of shoes.  She didn't allow him out of the house without shoes.  Walk – I guess that wasn't important, just that he had shoes on.

Now comes Aiden.  He's going to be big fellas.  His percentile according to the doc is 103% as a compilation of growth measurements against standard averages of other youths and expectations of growth - expectations are 50% in several categories.  The Kid, sucks on Mommy constantly (never leaves anything for me-hehehe) and looks like a sumo wrestler.  I cannot picture that kid having ever been in her!  Just big.  

This weekend and last we were out shopping and I suggested we get Aiden some shoes.  He's three months now and ready for a pair.  Honey, as the all-knowing Mom says, "He doesn't need any"!!!?  That sound ya'll heard then was me falling off the edge of the world.

Just the other day Honey walked around the house proudly and confidently as she stated that she just sent off and e-mail to one of our bridesmaids, one who had been a lifetime friend of hers, and blind copied 50 of her other lifetime friends.   She "told the girl off" for being rude to us and our children and the children of some of those other lifetime friends (ya know the backstabbing "chikka").  The girl had been saying that our children were ugly because they looked like Honey (?) and another’s bridesmaid’s child was ugly because it was too dark?  Honey still thinks she’s not very attractive but I think she finally to the point where she isn't going to let anyone else say she’s not and heaven help you if you make a comment about our kids.  Oddly the tone of the e-mails and chat from Honeys friends has changed.  Many praised her for standing up to a friend, others just acknowledge her but have no comment.  The girl she sent the e-mail too has not responded and I think she won't.  The other bridesmaid was just furious when she saw what her "friend" had been saying about her son behind her back.

Its very clear the people back home are starting to react to Honey differently.

The family.  What a Peyton Place that is.  Honey's sister a few months ago, when things got pretty tuff for us financially, got mad at Honey because we told her that we ran into some financial shortfalls.  We wanted her to wait until things came back up to norm so we didn't have to make too many more sacrifices.  In order to advance myself by changing positions at work I had to lose my OT and company vehicle at a time where the company who bought us out at that time cut their medical contributories to our medical insurance accounts by over $400/month.  Basically I lost about $1100/month in income.  Honey was pregnant and we just bought a house.   Talk about tough times.  But we came through it and I got my promotion, big raise and bonus and I'm doing very well in my new position as a software engineer instead of senior field tech.

Back to Honey's family.  While Honey was chatting with her mom and dad on her computer I was chatting with her sister on my computer.  I told her to be patient and I'd find a way to come up with her college fees but she needed to tell us how much and when.  The when was "today"!!? And about the amount was same as last time.  I said okay but not to discuss it with her sister because she was pregnant and times were tuff right now.  The stupid "teen" fired off about 50 nasty e-mails cursing Honey for asking her to wait till of finances improved.  Big mistake.  Honey not only cut her sister off but the entire family.  Refused to accept phone calls and blocked their e-mails.

I didn't think this was good situation to continue in so I sent a 3-page e-mail to her family last month trying to clarify the difference in the way we obviously see things.  We had had a baby since and Christmas had pasted while boith sides apparently be stubborn and unforgiving.  Turned out that Honeys sister had been telling her parents one thing and sending nasty e-mails to Honey that her parent thought were "explanations" and apologies.  Honey sister has since moved to Cotobano to be a maid of one of her aunts. (Strange she'd want to be a maid instead of taking a year off from nursing college because that’s all she has to opportunity to be now?).  Thing are finally patched up with her parents now but Honey refuses to send her family a penny.

Are ya’lls Honeys changing as radically as mine?

The Bear Family

Offline Humabdos

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
radical changes?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »
:shock:
I would like to apologize about my wiping babies asses comment.
Hum
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:58:12 PM by Humabdos »
Taga Bukid KA!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Offline Bear

Re: radical changes?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 05:19:50 PM »
Quote from: Humabdos
After reading that I'm at a loss for words.  :shock:
I would like to apologize about my wiping babies asses comment.
Hum

How many time are you going to change this post?  I never saw the comment you refer to.

But your right she is getting more mature.  Hopefully shes got that "tampo" thing under co9ntrol too. hehehehe

Bear

Planet-Love.com

Re: radical changes?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 05:19:50 PM »

Offline Keith

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 07:49:27 PM »
Hi Bear,

My first Philippine wife was full of tampo.  She still doesn't have it under control.  Anecita, has been here for three weeks now and so far so good.  

There are a few Filpinas here that I can't stand.  They caused nothing but problems with my first wife and I.  Good for Honey standing up to that girl and her Family the way she did.  I think sometimes people in the Philippines think we have money trees in our backyard.  They think that we don't have hardships here in America.  They don't understand how much it cost to live in America.  Anecita, is shocked at the prices we pay for groceries etc here.

Glad to hear the little one is doing really well.  

Keith

Offline Maestoso

Re: Don't mess with "THE HONEY"!!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:47:24 PM »
Quote from: Bear
I am sitting here on a calm Sunday morn thinking about the chores the day has planned for me, feeling good because life is good, tired because I'm OLD (just kidding).

I noticed my Honey changing as she becomes more Americanized, more mature, more confidant, but still totally wacko!  For instance when AJ was born almost immediately we had to buy him shoes.  I even remember a post about shoes where I pointed out AJ was only 3 months old and already had 4 pairs of shoes.  She didn't allow him out of the house without shoes.  Walk – I guess that wasn't important, just that he had shoes on.

Now comes Aiden.  He's going to be big fellas.  His percentile according to the doc is 103% as a compilation of growth measurements against standard averages of other youths and expectations of growth - expectations are 50% in several categories.  The Kid, sucks on Mommy constantly (never leaves anything for me-hehehe) and looks like a sumo wrestler.  I cannot picture that kid having ever been in her!  Just big.  

This weekend and last we were out shopping and I suggested we get Aiden some shoes.  He's three months now and ready for a pair.  Honey, as the all-knowing Mom says, "He doesn't need any"!!!?  That sound ya'll heard then was me falling off the edge of the world.

Just the other day Honey walked around the house proudly and confidently as she stated that she just sent off and e-mail to one of our bridesmaids, one who had been a lifetime friend of hers, and blind copied 50 of her other lifetime friends.   She "told the girl off" for being rude to us and our children and the children of some of those other lifetime friends (ya know the backstabbing "chikka").  The girl had been saying that our children were ugly because they looked like Honey (?) and another’s bridesmaid’s child was ugly because it was too dark?  Honey still thinks she’s not very attractive but I think she finally to the point where she isn't going to let anyone else say she’s not and heaven help you if you make a comment about our kids.  Oddly the tone of the e-mails and chat from Honeys friends has changed.  Many praised her for standing up to a friend, others just acknowledge her but have no comment.  The girl she sent the e-mail too has not responded and I think she won't.  The other bridesmaid was just furious when she saw what her "friend" had been saying about her son behind her back.

Its very clear the people back home are starting to react to Honey differently.

The family.  What a Peyton Place that is.  Honey's sister a few months ago, when things got pretty tuff for us financially, got mad at Honey because we told her that we ran into some financial shortfalls.  We wanted her to wait until things came back up to norm so we didn't have to make too many more sacrifices.  In order to advance myself by changing positions at work I had to lose my OT and company vehicle at a time where the company who bought us out at that time cut their medical contributories to our medical insurance accounts by over $400/month.  Basically I lost about $1100/month in income.  Honey was pregnant and we just bought a house.   Talk about tough times.  But we came through it and I got my promotion, big raise and bonus and I'm doing very well in my new position as a software engineer instead of senior field tech.

Back to Honey's family.  While Honey was chatting with her mom and dad on her computer I was chatting with her sister on my computer.  I told her to be patient and I'd find a way to come up with her college fees but she needed to tell us how much and when.  The when was "today"!!? And about the amount was same as last time.  I said okay but not to discuss it with her sister because she was pregnant and times were tuff right now.  The stupid "teen" fired off about 50 nasty e-mails cursing Honey for asking her to wait till of finances improved.  Big mistake.  Honey not only cut her sister off but the entire family.  Refused to accept phone calls and blocked their e-mails.

I didn't think this was good situation to continue in so I sent a 3-page e-mail to her family last month trying to clarify the difference in the way we obviously see things.  We had had a baby since and Christmas had pasted while boith sides apparently be stubborn and unforgiving.  Turned out that Honeys sister had been telling her parents one thing and sending nasty e-mails to Honey that her parent thought were "explanations" and apologies.  Honey sister has since moved to Cotobano to be a maid of one of her aunts. (Strange she'd want to be a maid instead of taking a year off from nursing college because that’s all she has to opportunity to be now?).  Thing are finally patched up with her parents now but Honey refuses to send her family a penny.

Are ya’lls Honeys changing as radically as mine?

The Bear Family

You have a wife a lot of men would kill for. Your wife is obviously loyal to you and vociferous about that as well.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »
Not to be too offensive, but it seems your wife's sister is a total dumbass facktard.  She really screwed the pooch on this one.  The U.S. recruits thousands of nurses from the Phils.  At the maternity ward, Tagalog was the main language I heard from the night staff.  And you know professional nurses make pretty good salaries.  If the sister showed a little patience, she could be raking it in at a U.S. hospital in a few years.  But now where is her life going?  Stupid stupid stupid.  :roll:
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Jonnie

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:32:25 AM »
its live for today and past is past.

Jonnie

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5881
Latest: Tanner_Hawk
New This Month: 0